If you look at the TTC link you attached, Sheppard doors of Tower 1 are literally about half a dozen steps from the South Side of Sheppard entrance in the area marked as "unpaid" and it comes up at Passenger Drop off

Really? I guess I will have to walk it to be sure. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if there is stroller or wheelchair access as well?

I called the lady and she said that LED potlights and the regular ones give different illumination. I would like to see the picture if you can :)
Yes, they are not as bright. They are more ambient. They are very small. But they are cool. Kind of like stars.

Really? I guess I will have to walk it to be sure. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if there is stroller or wheelchair access as well?

There is an escalator on both sides of sheppard and depending on the time of day the escalator will change direction. There is an elevator on the south side of sheppard subway entrance (beside tower 1) but for the life of me I cannot remember if there is an elevator on the passenger drop off and pick up. (Fairview Mall side)

And another thing...you know how they say the units are 9 ft ceilings? I betcha it will NOT be like that consistent all the way around. Walking in from the door and some of the edges will probably be 8 ft and most of the bedroom will be 8 ft as well. Happened to a friend of mine who has a Tridel so I would not be surprised here.

The official documents state " have approximately 9 foot ceilings heights measured from the finished concrete floor slab, to the underside of the concrete slab above" there have to be lower sections in places in order to accommodate the mechanicals such as heating and air conditioning. so I would expect there to be at least some lower sections.

Can anyone recommend me a portable (using battery) recess light that you can install under kitchen cabinets? I saw a couple of IKEA but I was hoping I can find more varieties.

We were at Fairview this weekend, and found the "connection". It runs from the farther subway location that is on mall property, up to the exit in front of tower 1. It pretty much functions as an underground way to cross the street. I don't know if they'll be heating it a little, but it was just as cold in the tunnel as it was outside.

Something interesting though... there was a massive amount of water coming from some balconies on the 2nd floor of tower 1. It looked like a waterfall was going over the balcony edge. All the doors and such were open to those apartments, and the windows were full of condensation. I think a pipe must have burst or something. It was enough water that there was flooding going on on the sidewalk for quite a length, and a large portion had to be taped off.

Did anyone else see this?

That can't be good.... that would be pretty disappointing for the folks who own those units. I suspect it will delay things a bit for the folks on those floors. Unfortunately the tunnel is not heated.

That can't be good.... that would be pretty disappointing for the folks who own those units. I suspect it will delay things a bit for the folks on those floors. Unfortunately the tunnel is not heated.

Not good at all. Our guess is that they neglected to turn on the heating and when the temperatures got super cold, a pipe burst. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever has those units has another significant delay.

Last edited:
Not good at all. Our guess is that they neglected to turn on the heating and when the temperatures got super cold, a pipe burst. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever has those units has another significant delay.

I hope the dummy or dummies got fired for good.

Hey guys, I believe the "rent" fee will start immediately once you move in. Other than that, what other fees that we need to be prepare for on the next 3-4 months after move in?

I hope the dummy or dummies got fired for good.

Hey guys, I believe the "rent" fee will start immediately once you move in. Other than that, what other fees that we need to be prepare for on the next 3-4 months after move in?

Maybe maintenance fees? Actually does anyone know how much will the occupancy fee be approx? I think this will last more than 3-4 months tho.

Maybe maintenance fees? Actually does anyone know how much will the occupancy fee be approx? I think this will last more than 3-4 months tho.

When we went to the office a while ago, we asked about when they expect the building to be over (as in, no more "rent" fees). They said that the earliest is likely in early spring, and the latest is likely early to mid-summer. We were told that everyone would have had to take occupancy of their unit and some basic amenities be finished before they can begin the process of registration.

It doesn't need to be everyone who has taken occupancy.

You won't start paying maintenance fees until registration; amenities (gym, pool, whatever) do not need to be complete until 6 months after registration.

When we went to the office a while ago, we asked about when they expect the building to be over (as in, no more "rent" fees). They said that the earliest is likely in early spring, and the latest is likely early to mid-summer. We were told that everyone would have had to take occupancy of their unit and some basic amenities be finished before they can begin the process of registration.

It will also depend on the floor you are on, the higher up in the building you are the less amount of time you will be paying occupancy fees. If you are lower in the building you will have to wait for everyone above to be moved in before registration begins, if you are up high you will pay for a shorter amount of time.

It doesn't need to be everyone who has taken occupancy.

You won't start paying maintenance fees until registration; amenities (gym, pool, whatever) do not need to be complete until 6 months after registration.

so just to be clear that when I move in in December, I just need to pay the "rent" fee and there is no maintenance fee until the registration?

How about hydro installation fees and other fees that the specified on the agreement?

Also, who is "plaza"?

Back