Some good suggestions but the risks remain. The ramp is very unconventional with 2 lanes down and 1 up. The physical width does not suggest that to drivers especially visitors. Speed bump slowing down egress too much will be at risk of sliding. The biggest danger is a unseen pedestrian walking down to Forest Manor meeting speeding egress because of steep ramp. I tried the new side entrance today. It goes directly to P2. This will be my main entrance from now on!

I also read the letter from property management on the 2 previous floods on 4th floor. Last Friday was good number 3. I will give them credit for disclosure. I hate to be right about lurking defects in common area and need for audit. The property management and condo board need to pursue the builder rigorously. If not, the repair costs will lead to higher condo fees. Owners wanting to protect your investments may want to consider "occupy emerald show room" as a last resort :) does anyone smell a lawsuit?

I was very pissed at property management this evening. An elevator was booked for a move from 7-9pm. I called the security demanding the move be suspended because of overcrowding and extreme long wait in the underground level. One gentleman was there for 30 minutes. On p2, there is no ventilation in the waiting area. CO2 poisoning in underground parking is a real risk.

So what did they say was the cause of the flooding? Just defective construction work?

Some good suggestions but the risks remain. The ramp is very unconventional with 2 lanes down and 1 up. The physical width does not suggest that to drivers especially visitors. Speed bump slowing down egress too much will be at risk of sliding. The biggest danger is a unseen pedestrian walking down to Forest Manor meeting speeding egress because of steep ramp. I tried the new side entrance today. It goes directly to P2. This will be my main entrance from now on!

I also read the letter from property management on the 2 previous floods on 4th floor. Last Friday was flood number 3. I will give them credit for disclosure. I hate to be right about lurking defects in common area and need for audit. The property management and condo board need to pursue the builder rigorously. If not, the repair costs will lead to higher condo fees. Owners wanting to protect your investments may want to consider "occupy emerald show room" as a last resort :) does anyone smell a lawsuit?

I was very pissed at property management this evening. An elevator was booked for a move from 7-9pm. I called the security demanding the move be suspended because of overcrowding and extreme long wait in the underground level. One gentleman was there for 30 minutes. On p2, there is no ventilation in the waiting area. CO2 poisoning in underground parking is a real risk.

renter70fm - If the move was scheduled from 7- 9 p.m. then it wasn't properly enforced because I got home at around 6:15 and one full elevator was being used for the move. In my head I was thinking honestly..... you are down to one elevator in rush hour and you still approved this?! It's great and good that they are now being forthcoming on the cause but there are still so many questions and no answers. I have asked them to setup a emergency meeting after business hours to address residents concerns. Still waiting......

I've attached the wording for the letter.

Emerald.JPG

Attachments

• Emerald.JPG
    Emerald.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 776
renter70fm - If the move was scheduled from 7- 9 p.m. then it wasn't properly enforced because I got home at around 6:15 and one full elevator was being used for the move. In my head I was thinking honestly..... you are down to one elevator in rush hour and you still approved this?! It's great and good that they are now being forthcoming on the cause but there are still so many questions and no answers. I have asked them to setup a emergency meeting after business hours to address residents concerns. Still waiting......
View attachment 34913

Techia - great that you requested an emergency meeting. To me, the elevator situation is no longer a matter of inconvenience. This is what I wrote to property management.

My concern is not one of inconvenience but safety. There is one air vent in the underground waiting area. I don't know if the airflow capacity was designed for a large group being there for extended period of time. I called the security because I had an infant with me. Lack of oxygen in underground parking lot is a real and known risk. While unlikely for healthy adults, the most serious consequence due to carbon monoxide poisoning is death. ‎Safety has to be prioritized above convenience.

Techia - great that you requested an emergency meeting. To me, the elevator situation is no longer a matter of inconvenience. This is what I wrote to property management.

My concern is not one of inconvenience but safety. There is one air vent in the underground waiting area. I don't know if the airflow capacity was designed for a large group being there for extended period of time. I called the security because I had an infant with me. Lack of oxygen in underground parking lot is a real and known risk. While unlikely for healthy adults, the most serious consequence due to carbon monoxide poisoning is death. ‎Safety has to be prioritized above convenience.

Just wondering, why you wouldn't you step outside if you thought you were being overcome by Carbone Monoxide. There are stairs from the parking lot that lead directly outside, there is also a set of garage doors that lead out to George S Henry in P2

Some good suggestions but the risks remain. The ramp is very unconventional with 2 lanes down and 1 up.

With respect to your comments about the ramp above. This is where part of the danger lies. There are actually two lanes going down that become 3.. yet many many drivers feel the outbound is one lane and they can drive up in the middle. Why does one need to drive up the ramp in the middle, There is enough room for two cars to pass side by side. If everyone stayed to the right that risk is would be reduced.

With respect to your comments about the ramp above. This is where part of the danger lies. There are actually two lanes going down that become 3.. yet many many drivers feel the outbound is one lane and they can drive up in the middle. Why does one need to drive up the ramp in the middle, There is enough room for two cars to pass side by side. If everyone stayed to the right that risk is would be reduced.

This is why I feel having lines painted on the ground would help.

Just wondering, why you wouldn't you step outside if you thought you were being overcome by Carbone Monoxide. There are stairs from the parking lot that lead directly outside, there is also a set of garage doors that lead out to George S Henry in P2

The answer is stroller.

Quite impressed with property management. What a refreshing change from emerald customer care.

From property management office...
While I couldn’t comment on how hazardous it is due to its specifications within the elevator lobby in these conditions without a proper inspection and audit from a professional, safety is a major priority for us. Soon, a performance audit will be conducted within the building to determine that everything was built to specifications as well as determine that everything is up to code with regards to safety.
All we can do at this moment is do our best to minimize wait times for the elevator so exposure to carbon monoxide and lack of oxygen is as negligible as possible. In addition, to accommodate some residents, we have been relaxing our rules regarding guest parking. If it would at all help you during this time, you are authorized to park on P1 for the time being so you may wait in the P1 elevator lobby instead. Concierge will issue you a parking pass that will not affect your overall monthly limit.

every resident has a monthly limit on the number of passes they are issued... this way, you can't be one resident hoarding all the parking spots / having a second car / having too many visitors, etc.. I forgot, but I think it's like 50-60 passes.. these are night passes.. and dont' affect the day ones..

So if I have a visitor, they put the pass on their dashboard?

There are day passes and night passes?

So if I have a visitor, they put the pass on their dashboard?

There are day passes and night passes?

I thought passes were only required for overnight parking. There were a couple of instances last week when I noticed very early in the morning that a number of vehicles had received parking tickets so it looks like they are enforcing it.....and so they should

The answer is stroller.

Quite impressed with property management. What a refreshing change from emerald customer care.

From property management office...
While I couldn’t comment on how hazardous it is due to its specifications within the elevator lobby in these conditions without a proper inspection and audit from a professional, safety is a major priority for us. Soon, a performance audit will be conducted within the building to determine that everything was built to specifications as well as determine that everything is up to code with regards to safety.
All we can do at this moment is do our best to minimize wait times for the elevator so exposure to carbon monoxide and lack of oxygen is as negligible as possible. In addition, to accommodate some residents, we have been relaxing our rules regarding guest parking. If it would at all help you during this time, you are authorized to park on P1 for the time being so you may wait in the P1 elevator lobby instead. Concierge will issue you a parking pass that will not affect your overall monthly limit.

I wonder if this performance audit will include all 3 towers. It is possible that phase 2 and phase 3 isn't experiencing these issues simply because occupancy isn't as high as phase 1?

Would you mind forwarding that question for me to property management? (I assume it is the same department for the 3 towers).

I wonder if this performance audit will include all 3 towers. It is possible that phase 2 and phase 3 isn't experiencing these issues simply because occupancy isn't as high as phase 1?

Would you mind forwarding that question for me to property management? (I assume it is the same department for the 3 towers).

There will be a performance audit for each building after the turnover meeting. Each tower is a seperate corporation and will have its own board. Also there is a seperate property management for each tower

There will be a performance audit for each building after the turnover meeting. Each tower is a seperate corporation and will have its own board. Also there is a seperate property management for each tower

Oh ok, Thanks for the clarification and good to know that there will be a performance audit for each building :)
I am a first time condo owner so this is all still new to me.

Back