News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm back with a small update for Hamilton. I have added a few new towers, in addition to updating the massing on some older ones. It's been a while since I've posted on this thread, since I've been pretty busy with work. Moving forward, my goals are to first finish Kitchener, update Ottawa and Halifax (my two most out-of-date skylines), and then start working on one for Burlington. Unfortunately, it just gets more difficult to keep up as my amount of free time gradually disappears, but I will continue to update things as I find the time.

Hamilton, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 58

Hamilton Watermarked V8-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Hamilton Watermarked V8-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Hamilton Watermarked V8-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Hamilton Watermarked V8-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Hamilton Watermarked V8-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

I'm back again to showcase my newest skyline - Kitchener-Waterloo! I've been working on this one for some time and am very excited to finally be able to show it off. Big thanks to @Bjays92 for helping me gather the development information for the area! There are plenty of exciting new developments happening in downtown Kitchener/Waterloo, but there are also a fair amount spread throughout the periphery, which will surely result in a very wide-reaching and interesting skyline in the future. I still haven't added a couple of things - namely the 21-tower redevelopment of the former Schneider's plant in Kitchener, as well as a number of developments in Cambridge, which I plan to integrate into this skyline entry in the near future.

Kitchener-Waterloo, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 59

KW Watermarked V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KW Watermarked V1-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KW Watermarked V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KW Watermarked V1-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KW Watermarked V1-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

I've been working on a big update to my Ottawa-Gatineau skyline recently and I'm now finally ready to show it off. I have updated it with the large-scale redevelopments of LeBreton Flats and Zibi, including with towers that aren't formally proposed, but planned. I will be updating them as the plans become more concrete. The city is evidently transforming very quickly with the introduction/expansion of the LRT system, and it will be very interesting to see how it continues to evolve/intensify into the future. I have also done a small update to my Niagara Falls skyline to include the new residential towers that have been proposed. My game plan for the next updates are to update Halifax and Kitchener, and then after that, start Burlington and update Mississauga.

Additionally, I have been working on updating my watermarking system and branding for this project. Earlier this year, I received some publicity from news outlets in Kelowna and London in regard to this project and it was a super interesting experience. I figured it was time to start improving the visibility of my work, and have come up with something that is more informative and professional (including a logo) while being much less intrusive, but still visible enough to keep the realtors away.

Anyway, as always, I hope you all enjoy!

Ottawa, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 163

Ottawa Watermarked V2-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V2-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 24

Niagara Falls Watermarked V4-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V4-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V4-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V4-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V4-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Awesome new renders @ericmacm , liking that improved watermark. Niagara falls skyline is going to look huge if those are all built, especially from the NY side. Might even end up being the 3rd biggest skyline in Ontario after T.O. and Sauga, beating out Vaughan. Especially considering NF is likely to see a lot more proposals in the coming years (look at all those surface lots!)

Also is that the future Mississauga render I see across the lake in that first Niagara Falls picture? ;)

Keep up the great work!

Happy 2022, everyone! I'm back again with an update to 3 of my skylines - Halifax, Kitchener, and Kelowna. All three have been filled out with more tower developments and have been updated with the new watermarking system. In Kitchener, I have added in the Cambridge developments, as well as the Metz and other newer proposals. In Halifax, I have added significantly more towers, but have still left out some larger developments (mainly King's Wharf and Bedford Waterfront) for now, as I would prefer to wait for the imagery to update a bit and the plans to become a bit more clear. In Kelowna, I have added a couple of new developments and have revised some of the massings.

Moving forward, I am going to be addressing Burlington, Barrie, and Mississauga.

Halifax, NS:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 58

Halifax V2-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax V2-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax V2-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax V2-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax V2-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax V2-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 125

KWC V2-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KWC V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KWC V2-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KWC V2-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KWC V2-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KWC V2-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

KWC V2-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kelowna, BC:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 39

Kelowna V4-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kelowna V4-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kelowna V4-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kelowna V4-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kelowna V4-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Kelowna V4-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm back with a quick update for Mississauga. It has been a very busy year for me so far with lots happening so it has been hard to sit down and work on this stuff. I wanted to tend to Mississauga particularly since a number of smaller (also bigger) proposals had emerged since I last updated the skyline. It includes new towers at the MCC YMCA, the Elia Land development in MCC Uptown, multiple new Cooksville developments, and the new hospital on the Queensway, along with a number of massing changes. I have still not added in Port Credit (after all of these years lol) but I will get to it.

I have Burlington about half done at the moment and that is the next one I plan on releasing. In the meantime, please enjoy my updated Mississauga skyline!

Mississauga, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 123

Mississauga V6-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga V6-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have completed the current version of my newest skyline, Burlington! Burlington is quickly densifying, much like other satellite cities of the GTHA, with major focus on the historical downtown core and various GO stations. At the moment, I have only included the areas around the core, Burlington GO, and Aldershot GO. There are a number of other areas that will see development in the future, but they are very spread out and far away from these areas, so they don't show up as nicely in the model.
My next goal is to go through some of my other models and bring them quality-of-life updates. After that, the next goals will be Brampton and Victoria, but I am not going to rush to get these models done. In the meantime, enjoy my newest skyline!

Burlington, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 34

Burlington V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Burlington V1-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Burlington V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Burlington V1-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Burlington V1-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Burlington V1-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Back