News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

G

green22

Before the Sports stadium was built on the Sports hall of fame site it was to be built on the site of another building, but Ex board complained. What was that building?

I could be wrong, but initial plans called for both the Food Building and the Sports Hall of Fame to go, the plans were changed to accommodate the Food Building.

initial plans called for both the Food Building and the Sports Hall of Fame to go, the plans were changed to accommodate the Food Building.

Yes. Instead of replacing the Food building they will changing the street grid in the area and eliminating many parking spaces. For some reason there was initially far more concern about the parking spaces than the building.

Thanks, I've been reviewing their 1998 development plan updated for 5 more years in 2003. It called for new development to be on parking lots and for greenspace to be added and histocical preservation.
Instead the aquarium was to built at the proposed Dufferin and Lakeshore intersection with a new 600 car parking lot obliterating the main area of greenspace, and the soccer stadium was supposed to be built on the food building, but changed due to board opposition according to Future mayor. They then put it on the sports hall of fame. The plans alot space on either side of the SHF building for development.

Thanks, I've been reviewing their 1998 development plan updated for 5 more years in 2003.
Can you share? I've not seen either of those.

Back