9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Hipster Duck

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here is a partial list of some of my favourite single city blocks in the city for their architectural splendor.

Lakeview Avenue, btwn Dundas and Churchill (Little Portugal). I don't know the significance of this street, but it is abnormally wide and has a very nice set of Victorian bay and gables nestled under 100 year old trees. Sort of a hidden gem.

Alcorn Avenue, btwn Yonge and Walker (Near Summerhill subway) Smart Victorian townhomes that meet the street. Feels like a bit of England.

Stewart street, btwn Bathurst and Portland (King/Bathurst) The best collection of neo-modernist condos in the city. I love the trio of CORE-designed buildings on the north side. Probably the most exciting neighbourhood to watch grow right now.

Lisgar street at Mackenzie crescent (Little Portugal) colourful semi-detached houses that snake down a curved ravine.

Lonsdale Road, btwn Russell Hill and Spadina (Forest Hill) Excellent beaux arts apartments neatly placed in a row.

Boswell Ave. (Annex) Richardsonian Romanesque townhomes in the eastern Annex.

Cowan Ave., btwn King and Springhurst (Parkdale) high floss Victorian townhomes in a secluded part of Parkdale.

Riverdale Ave. btwn Logan and Broadview (Riverdale) more of the same, only in Riverdale.

Berryman St. (Yorkdale) I don't know why I like this street so much...it feels like something out of Japan, even though it's in Yorkdale. Hard to explain.

Cool idea - this should be popular.

- Draper Street (only one block long, between Front & Wellington)

- Madison Ave between Bloor and Dupont

- Tranby, Boswell & Elgin (all only one block long, between Avenue & Bedford)

many more soon...

I love Bright Street, which connects Queen East to King East in Corktown. Lovely little street full of one-time workers' row houses, all right up to the sidewalk. More Coronation Street than Toronto.

Nearby Wascana Street, near the Humane Society, has a similar feel.

King St E between Church and Jarvis. It has everything: history, scale, density, vibrancy, diversity, lush parks and a stunning view corridor leading straight into the maw of King and Bay. Frankly, I wish our entire downtown looked like this.

king east

King St west of Spadina:

Bay St south of Queen:

King St west of Jarvis:

Front St East:

Countless blocks in Cabbagetown:

I'm starting to enjoy the St. Lawrence Market area more and more. I like Front between the Five Corners to Jarvis.

Yeah, the St. Lawrence market area "works" on so many levels.

Back