40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
We've made some changes to the forum as you can see with new categories and some re-organization. Please post your comments about the changes here. And please be patient over the next few days as we move the individual threads around.

The changes are exciting for sure, but I don't like the way the main forum section ("Urban Toronto Forum") is organized. It's too big.

^I agree, too many sections. The Neighbourhood Node and Retail sections could be covered by Toronto Issues, and Politics should be in the Soapbox, imo. Other than that I like it.

The big idea is to basically divide all Toronto/GTA/Ontario threads from everything else. Nothing is in stone, so we'll see how it goes and make further changes down the line if need be.

^I agree, too many sections. The Neighbourhood Node and Retail sections could be covered by Toronto Issues, and Politics should be in the Soapbox, imo. Other than that I like it.
The Politics section in the Toronto part of the forum is for Toronto/GTA/Ontario-type political issues. National, other provinces and international issues would all go into the new Politics & Diplomacy section.

Neighbourhood Node will be for very hyper local issues. For instance, "speed bumps on Brunswick Avenue in the Annex." The thinking is that eventually every Toronto neighbourhood would have a thread for intensely local issues/debates. We think it'll be a great way to grow the forum and we've received e-mails from neighbourhood groups suggesting it. However, if it doesn't work we'll eliminate it.

I think Retail is working quite well on its own and is as far as I know the only forum on retail in the GTA, so it is indeed another place where this forum can grow and find a niche.

I'm delighted to see that Diplomacy has been added to the Politics section. I think it'll raise the tone of the discussions considerably, making them subtle, inscrutable, and perhaps even duplicitous at times.

Some of those threads will no doubt fail, however...

I don't all the sections, just stacking 11 in the Urban Toronto forum makes things busy. Urban Toronto could work better as 5 sections with a new "forum" for the other six.

The sections really don't affect me much, since I always use the "New Posts" feature now (p.s. that's a great feature!) but I'm pleased to see the forum branching out into new areas. Retail was a good choice.

The new section revisions are great. You guys are doing an exceptional job.

What ever happened to the idea of changing the look of the forum and getting rid of the "Vbulletin" ordinariness?

Back