News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Subway to York University has always been vital. Good to see it come here. I spent four years taking the bus from Wilson Station. I wish the subway had been these in my day.

I have heard that the GO station will be moved to Vaughan city centre, so for those who take GO transit to York must take subway to Vaughan station and transfer to the GO buses. I am not quite sure, i read this from the York newpaper back from 2 years ago when the subway was still under the consultating process. Anyway, it will improve ground-traffic in the region, which is a very good news for those who are taking buses or driving. The traffic during the rush hours there is driving people crazy.

It's a pretty station and all, but more ammunition for Tim Hudak to use in October.

It's a pretty station and all, but more ammunition for Tim Hudak to use in October.

He's probably going to target the suburbs for votes, so he may not want to criticize their subway extension. Good design makes for great cities; there's no need to legitimize that as an avenue of criticism, especially given the extremely low standards of the past in buildings stations.

He's probably going to target the suburbs for votes, so he may not want to criticize their subway extension. Good design makes for great cities; there's no need to legitimize that as an avenue of criticism, especially given the extremely low standards of the past in buildings stations.

I'm not saying that I don't love massively overbuilt subway lines in low density residential and industrial areas while local bus services are being cut and the city is facing a 700 million dollar shortfall for 2012. What I am saying is that with a provincial deficit of 15 billion or so, the Tories will be poaching McGuinty white elephants in the coming campaign, and this is one of them.

Last edited:
Is it necessary to have that lame-duck canada flag in the rendering? I get the feeling that its international firms poking fun at us...which is not unprovoked.

Otherwise, the station looks pretty amazing - would it not have made a bit more sense to extend the subway more and potentially have more barren stations.

p5

Is it necessary to have that lame-duck canada flag in the rendering? I get the feeling that its international firms poking fun at us...which is not unprovoked.

Otherwise, the station looks pretty amazing - would it not have made a bit more sense to extend the subway more and potentially have more barren stations.

p5

The station is being built where the University's flag pole currently stands. I'm sure some in the York community would be asking about it if shown placards without it.

I'm not saying that I don't love massively overbuilt subway lines in low density residential and industrial areas while local bus services are being cut and the city is facing a 700 million dollar shortfall for 2012. What I am saying is that with a provincial deficit of 15 billion or so, the Tories will be poaching McGuinty white elephants in the coming campaign, and this is one of them.

Funding for the line is also coming from the feds, York Region/Vaughan, and Toronto. It is well beyond any point of no return, and will not be canceled.

Back