News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Noodles

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to use YRT (buses in richmond Hill) and TTC subway and surface with the GTA weekly pass? 47 bucks...

Is this the best option? Is there any more convenient way or a monthly pass?

please advise, thanks

nood

Yes, it is possible to do that.

Depending on your travel patterns, it might be the best option.

How many trips per week do you expect to take on TTC and how many trips per week do you expect to take on YRT?

You can buy a TTC metropass and a YRT monthly pass. This is also pretty expensive.

I work in Markham, so i have a metropass and a YRT "express" bus pass, and that comes to about 224/month. If you don't take YRT express buses very often then the normal YRT pass is a bit cheaper.

I find this more convenient since in my experience many collector's booth locations run out of weekly passes and they can be a hassle to find every week. Also I think monthly passes are tax deductible, while weekly passes aren't.

Also I think monthly passes are tax deductible, while weekly passes aren't.

The CRA started allowing weekly passes for a minimum number of consecutive weeks, unnecessarily complicating things. Pretty silly if you ask me, especially for expensive GTA passes.

If you're going to use both YRT and TTC services on a daily basis (at least weekdays) then yes, the GTA Weekly Pass is your best bet. If you're taking it on and off throughout the week, then you may be better off with a monthly pass of the one service you use the most, and just tickets/tokens of the other service.

Back