s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

Elora:

e1.jpg

Kingston, we NEED pics of Kingston. Beautiful city. But it seems overwhelmed with restaurants and eateries and not enough retail.

Personal favs: Kingston, Galt (the only part of Cambridge that matters), Stratford

I'm going to Kingston On July 7th for a soccer game (Canada vs Belize World Cup Qualifier) ...

I'll snap up some photos of the area.

Kingston is amazing. Be sure to check out the Pre-Confederation era City Hall. They let people wander around their beautiful structure. The main street, Princess, is unusually vibrant, with a great mix of independant and chain stores.

Galt - Cambridge
17commercial1.jpg

Kingston, I absolutely love this downtown, it's lively & busy and the architecture is beautiful!
17king0001.jpg

17king0002.jpg

17king0003.jpg

(Note the downtown Zellers)
17king0008.jpg

I was just in St Catherines. The main downtown street was pretty lively. Most of the historic buildings were only 2 stories.

Peterborough. one of these days i'll go out take take some pictures of my own.

peterb06.jpg

peterb01.jpg

peterb04.jpg

peterb12.jpg

InnSuites.jpeg

The remarkable thing about downtown Peterborough is that there is an entire block: George/Simcoe/Water/Hunter where the commercial buildings are all 100 years old and all over three storeys tall. The only gap in the smile is that golden Bank of Montreal building from the fifties and the little surface lot just north of it.

I personally like Guelph's downtown a lot more than Peterborough's... more stone, no hydro-lines, better bars!

Back