News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

T

tayser2

I was going to use some smart-arse title like "Toronto of the antipodes?" or quote the one, the only, Dame Edna Everidge and say "If you've been to Melbourne you can give Sydney a miss!" (not that any of you would get it as the CBC suck at broadcasting Commonwealth games :lol ) but I'm in a reflective mood.

All the following photos are picked at random from the various 'Random Melbourne photo for the day' threads that have been running for a year now in the Victorian forum of OzScrapers. The basic rules are: you can post, one of your own, images per day, it's been a great way to get new people on the forum and there are now people who exclusively just provide content for the threads (hah). If you're thusly inclined, here are all the threads which have been created so far (first three are 500 posts each, 4th thread just started)

thread #1, thread #2, thread #3 and thread #4

IMG_3869_21.jpg

p41004186zl.jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

63152041_5a22f1d015_o.jpg

guildford01.jpg

roty.jpg

aka2c2.jpg

This is one of the best we've had. This is Robert Doyle, Victoria's opposition leader, looking rather sad that he's about to cop another bollocking in the Assembly :lol

IMG_4060_12.jpg

88485431_936d650b86_o.jpg

nq0902.jpg

Multi-storey car parks have a positive use after all:

23838729rs.jpg

ascfl.jpg

bhp_2951.jpg

Shrine2.jpg

I will live here one day, Flinders Lane:

flane01.jpg

71417001_72f23558a2_o.jpg

69608141_dda3f624da_o.jpg

flst_2436.jpg

HOLY SHIT, WHAT'S SPIKE & WHEELS DOING IN BALACLAVA?! ;)

IMG_2586-1.jpg

shops.jpg

Rialtoview19.jpg

narau2.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

Avert your eyes spmarshall ;)

Picture111.jpg

pics%203051_1.jpg

A random South Yarra hottie... er lane. Dunno bout the designer mullet though eh.

designermullethoney.jpg

87307947_01a4e87acd_o.jpg

Au revoir

IMG_0096.JPG

Awesome tour, Tayser. Definitely looks like a city worth visiting... too bad Roo-land is so expensive to get to.

not that any of you would get it as the CBC suck at broadcasting Commonwealth games :lol
Not a smart idea to put it on during the paralympics. >:

But seriously, Melbourne sure is growing. Eureka is making a huge impact on the skyline, but it kind of dwarfs the rest of the skyline. Hopefully it will push the limit and will spark a growing frenzy (unless there already is one). Can't wait to visit it some day.

Dame Edna Everidge and say "If you've been to Melbourne you can give Sydney a miss!" (not that any of you would get it as the CBC suck at broadcasting Commonwealth games

HAHAHAHAHA, I actually got that one! They didn't broadcast the Closing Ceremony on the CBC, but I got that video off the net.

Yeah, it was too bad we didn't get extensive coverage of the Games. The Australian Embassy in Ottawa finally had to pay the CBC to broadcast the Opening Ceremony and air a one hour evening highlight of the Games.

Fantastic Games and beautiful pictures! I love that bridge!What's it called?

Btw, where abouts in the world are you now? When are you stopping in Toronto?

Louroz

Yup, one day when one does not have to take out a mortgage for the plane ticket, I'll work myself up for the multi-hour flight across the Pacific and visit. Looks very nice.

Thanks for the images.

melbourne's skyline looks like a smaller version of chicago's.

"Rear of the year" competition? I don't think you'd get away with that in politically-correct Toronto. The Aussies seem to have a wonderful irreverent sense of humor.

Thanks for the nice pictures! Maybe some day I could visit.

I don't think T.O. would have any problems with a "Rear of the Year" competition. In fact, Woody's does many similar contests.

Back