News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A

Archivistower

What do people think of this idea? I'd love to have a series of contests that would challenge people's knowledge of Toronto. I have ideas for several. The ones I have thought of would involve identifying things from photos, around a theme. Responses would have to be e-mailed rather than posted, for obvious reasons. My sense is that people on the forum are generally proud of their knowledge of the city, and that the competition would be interesting.

If people thought it would be fun, I would be pleased to try it out. I could do it within the board, or if it was thought desirable, on my own site. The good thing about my own site is that it could attract new interest in the board.

Any thoughts?

I kid you not Archivistower, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

Sort of like a Toronto scavanger hunt, where forumers would have to identify or locate buildings across the city - and answer would have to be sent by e-mail while individual results could be posted at UT.

This is a great idea. I have a friend from the international forums who just started this type of thing by email; he sends out a picture and people have to try to identify the location. It's a lot of fun.

I don't mind running the contest, and I'd also welcome a team approach. What we could do is discuss contest ideas (offline, with our personal e-mail accounts) and put together the photos.

For obvious reasons, we can't have people posting their thoughts about the answers on line after some have already submitted their responses. Perhaps once the contest and photos are posted, the thread can be closed right away to prohibit response.

I have a sympatico account, and I don't mind hosting the photos, but I've never been able to have them upload to this site from my account. If someone can help me with that, I can host, but if I can't, we will need a place to host the photos.

If others want to e-mail me offline, it's archivist@sympatico.ca

Back