News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

rudy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello All -

I'm new to the forum and quite appreciate some of the discussion and photos that are posted.

I'm working on going through a large collection of oblique air photos taken in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. The photos are from around the country but most focus on southern Ontario. I am sorting through the photos of the Greater Toronto Area from the 1950s (the collection is so large that I need to limit myself).

I can identify and locate the features that are shown in many of the photos but some of them I am stumped. I am attaching a couple here for your consideration.

photo001.jpg

photo002.jpg

Can you identfy what and where these photos are? They are somewhere in the Toronto area (probably within the bounds of Metro Toronto) and were taken in the mid 1950s. Other than continuously posting photos here (which I am sure you'd enjoy) can anyone direct me to someone or some organization (the historical societies?) whom I can meet with to go over our collection with me?

I look forward to your responses.

Attachments

• photo001.jpg
    photo001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 624
  • photo002.jpg
    photo002.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 648
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the 2nd picture to be at the current site of West Park health Center, near Jane / Weston, backing onto the Humber River

Back