What is the procedure on the maintenance fees for those that have taken possession?

Seeing as the amenities are not complete yet, I would assume maintenance fees would be pro-rated or the like?

never heard of a developer lowering maintenance fees for incomplete amenities.
sad reality is that could be years too as you pay for services and product not provided.

yes to pro-rating if your occupancy date did not start on 1st.

Horrible experience with Lifetime Developments. Would not recommend to buy anything from Lifetime Developments. Lifetime developments does not respond to requests, and hides behind their lawyers.

My family just completed a PDI at the INDX Condos in Toronto. I was present at PDI, and it was bad. Much worse that I would l've imagined. Cigarette buds on the floor, stained walls with some liquid, and two walls had actual holes.

There are a lot of other issues that were present:

- no working electrical on the unit. We had to do PDI with our cell phone flash lights. I would imagine that a proper PDI should be scheduled once electrical issues are resolved. The PDI personel tried switching the circuit breakers on, but sparks flew, and he stopped. I don't feel safe for my parents to move into that unit. This is a dangerous situation.

Despite non working lights, we managed to find a lot of issues :

- floors, walls, cabinets are all scratched

- all of the rooms are 3 inches shorter than per plan

- balcony entry (entire frame) is missaligned by almost an 0.75 inches (ie, north portion is 0.75 inches lower than south)

- microwave is not stainless steal as per builders ads

- 2 holes in walls

- the bedroom door is not per agreed upon plan.

- Paint is everywhere (shower tiles, windows, all over the window metal frame), lots and lots of scratches, missaligned tiles in the washrooms and kitchen etc etc etc

Basically, we paid a lot of money for a unit, and got a very poorly put together condo with a lot of issues and safety violations. Lifetime Developments doesn't care. Do not buy or invest into their projects!

Wow this is a shock. I have a condo, not with Lifetime but with Centre Court who partnered on INDX I believe and I'm really shocked to hear this. I have yet to do my PDI, but back in October the promised November, so, such is the condo way.

I don't think you can do anything about the size of the condo being short. I believe it's in your contract that they have the right to change it from the floorpans in any way they see fit. :/ Everything else you should have refused to sign off on! Especially the holes, scratches and misaligned balcony entry!

In my dealings with Centre Court they have been great at answering questions in a timely manner and answering all my very annoying phone calls so this is very shocking. You should post on the FB about this. Nothing garners more customer service like some bad PR.

Wow this is a shock. I have a condo, not with Lifetime but with Centre Court who partnered on INDX I believe and I'm really shocked to hear this. I have yet to do my PDI, but back in October the promised November, so, such is the condo way.

I don't think you can do anything about the size of the condo being short. I believe it's in your contract that they have the right to change it from the floorpans in any way they see fit. :/ Everything else you should have refused to sign off on! Especially the holes, scratches and misaligned balcony entry!

In my dealings with Centre Court they have been great at answering questions in a timely manner and answering all my very annoying phone calls so this is very shocking. You should post on the FB about this. Nothing garners more customer service like some bad PR.
Thank you. I followed your advice, and posted on FB. Legally, they can basically anything they want. Entire unit needs to be re-done. I seriously never seen anything like this. Most of those issues can't be fixed unless they strip everything down... I am very upset for my family, and not sure what to do.

You should also post pictures if you can or link to them.

Technically the PDI is for you to sign off everything that's being delivered and working functionally. At least that's what I was told during my home owners presentation. To show you how to work appliances, make sure they are up to spec and any concerns you might have. Did you have to sign off on anything when you left?

You should also post pictures if you can or link to them.

Technically the PDI is for you to sign off everything that's being delivered and working functionally. At least that's what I was told during my home owners presentation. To show you how to work appliances, make sure they are up to spec and any concerns you might have. Did you have to sign off on anything when you left?
They forced us to sign the PDI form. They told us we could be in default if we don't comply and sign. We signed under duress. I didn't take any pictures. I feel stupid that I didn't. I am sure I will have an opportunity once we get the key. I feel we have no rights, and have to take an unsafe condo with a lot of issues or loose the deposit.

This is a terrible circumstance to be in. I don't want to make you feel worse than you do, but the PDI is your point of power, to oversee and sign off on everything in working order. If they are forcing you to do something under pressure, you have to ask yourself why. If they are being aggressive, you can just tell them to call your lawyer (the one you have handling your closing details) and leave. At this point you might have to handle it that way anyway if there are some egregious problems with your unit as you have mentioned. Especially if they are going to deliver the condo to you with holes in the walls.
Hopefully you will see some movement from Centre Court. Have you tried calling them? They have INDX on their portfolio on their website so surely they have a vested interest in keeping everyone happy so as not to muddy their good reputation.

This is making me a little nervous about my PDI which should be coming up in the new year with Centre Court. You shouldn't, however, be forced into signing something without being completely satisfied and/or fully understanding what you are committing to.

So sorry you are in this situation.

My family should be taking possession of the place on Monday. I am away for a bit, and won't be there to see the place. Once, I get more information, I will update. I really hope that at least some of the issues have been solved. But I am not holding my breath.

I'll keep my eye out for your update. I saw your posting on their FB. I really think you should call Centre Court. They have been really prompt and helpful in all my calls, or at the very least an e-mail. They seem very responsive.

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you. They did call on Friday. But they ignored half of our concerns (floor plan deviation , uneven floors/tiles/walls, misaligned frame). Downplayed everything else... I guess will see what happens next.

Really. Hmm. What do you mean by downplay? Did they deny it or did they brush it off saying it would be fixed? I am really interested to see what happens when you take position! Take pictures!

The frame misalignment = said there is nothing when they saw it. We told them to go back
Stainless steel appliances (microwave) not provided as advertised = brushed it off to "according to the contract, changes can happen"
Paint and scratches everywhere = said we shouldn't worry about that. Promised it would be fixed. I don't know how you can fix deep scratches on the countertop, kitchen cabinets, metal window frame etc without replacing them
Electrical = promised to fix

Ok well hopefully they do. If not, go public. As far as the changes, they are right. They can change anything they want. I know they have already made changes in mine based on pictures I have seen. I'm just really hoping for no spacial changes like you are experiencing. What did they change the stainless steel to? Stainless steel is the standard in design right now, so I'm hoping they didn't change to white or something really out of date like that.

I am really surprised at your PDI. I had mine completed in June. I did notice the microwave was not stainless steel. My fridge door was missing the handle and there were some uneven tiles as well. It's not perfect. When I took possession in August, they were not fixed as well. But I immediately contacted customer care and they fixed it for me except the tiles. But it's not the end of the world for me and I let it go. Hope the issues will resolve for you.

Do the uneven tiles not create a tripping hazard for you? Also, if the microwave is not stainless steel, what was the substitute?

Back