8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Yeggy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Edmontons oldest suburbs, the ones that were full of post WWII “doll houses,” are quickly being replaced. These communities are some of the first to see the affect by law changes are having.

Id like to share with you how my neighbourhood is changing, tear down by tear down.

IMG_6803.jpegIMG_6804.jpegIMG_6805.jpegIMG_6806.jpeg
IMG_6801.jpeg

I am most excited about this. Up 14 possible units (as per the power meters). Fantastic design. Feels great in the neighbourhood. I cant wait for these to go on the market. This development falls within the high growth, Whyte ave/Bonnie Doon target area. Please duplicate this 200-300 more times all over the city.

IMG_6799.jpeg

Now these… Owned by Emerald Property.. They are row houses. A single bedroom suite in the basement and a small 3 bedroom town house above great. Each building has 6-8 units in them. There also looks like garage suites in the back but they are not listed on the website for rent.

The developer bills them as shared living, so they match, and help manage, shared living. Almost all their properties are near schools and this seems to be their target demographic.

I cant stand the look of the buildings but I love the idea behind them.

IMG_6800.jpeg

Last one made me do a double take...there's the identical build in Grovenor along a big stretch of infill skinnies. Whole neighbourhood has seen a tremendous amount of infill the past just five years.

1717012673068.png

Back