News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This interview could actually apply to several of Edmonton's call-outs for the need of smart urban design -- here the Jasper Avenue rejuvenation -- but also for the warehouse district park and many other downtown and node-focused linear parks (disclosure -- I am working with the City on an urban concept in the Old Strathcona/University of Alberta area; I can't discuss this yet but it will become known later this year). Parks demand leadership conjoined with awareness of community needs. In the meantime I think you will find this interview interesting.

Thank God, that stretch of Jasper is flat out embarrassing and rundown.

Is there any Jasper Ave New Vision construction work taking place this summer?

Fantastic news. I'm hoping we'll see shovels in the ground before the end of 2024, though maybe that's not realistic?

315FFA51-B4EE-4EF3-ABC7-D27A20CFBB28.png1FF1976B-28AA-4FFB-BDF0-BCDC249F2424.png

Exciting news!

Anyone know where more info is on the 400mil fund the gov is allocating to active transportation? Maybe more will still come for us, but 9mil (2.5%) doesn’t seem like a ton when we’re 4.1% of the population and I’d imagine funding would skew even more towards large metros vs evenly across all population.

View attachment 471068View attachment 471069

Exciting news!

Anyone know where more info is on the 400mil fund the gov is allocating to active transportation? Maybe more will still come for us, but 9mil (2.5%) doesn’t seem like a ton when we’re 4.1% of the population and I’d imagine funding would skew even more towards large metros vs evenly across all population.

Not aware. But in doing a quick news search lots of announcements have been made.

The municipality of North Grenville in Ontario with a population of 18,000, received nearly $1 million so your theory may be off.

Not aware. But in doing a quick news search lots of announcements have been made.

The municipality of North Grenville in Ontario with a population of 18,000, received nearly $1 million so your theory may be off.

Yeah, maybe they’ll use funding to support smaller municipalities, and they’ll expect cities to carry more of the load? But idk, if the goal is climate related, you’d think the biggest bang for your buck would be looking at things like Edmontons bike plan and funding a good chunk of it for 20-40mil. (5-10% of the fund).

Back