Hey All -
If you own @ the King East and didn't know about it yet, we've started a Facebook page for owners of The King East to discuss and share issues about the building. If you didn't know it existed yet and want to join here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/489699521055569/ Feeling all the frustration! We take occupancy on the 18th but our PDI got cancelled and they haven't given us a new date for it yet. Meanwhile we have to vacate our current place with a 1-year old as of October 31. Fun times...

Does anyone else have issues with communications from lambdevcorp? I have sent them my updated info 5 times by now via emails and phone calls and they still miss me with mass emails to all purchasers. Last email with pdf attachment, I didn't get it. I only know about it because one other buyer has informed me of it...
I am about to walk over to their offices or something to make sure it gets updated maybe they will take me seriously in person?

communication

Does anyone else have issues with communications from lambdevcorp? I have sent them my updated info 5 times by now via emails and phone calls and they still miss me with mass emails to all purchasers. Last email with pdf attachment, I didn't get it. I only know about it because one other buyer has informed me of it...
I am about to walk over to their offices or something to make sure it gets updated maybe they will take me seriously in person?
they are a tough organization to communicate with and get things done!!!!!!!!!!!!i talked to building construction supervisor 3 hours ago and the building elevators may be sanctioned to run sometime today and wed or thurs fire dept and building dept inspections are to take place in the building and if they pass thurs occupancy. very rushed very tense around the building too early public spaces like lobby halls etc.considering the shape of the building are not really safe and i have young children.i am trying to get PDI for tomorrow AM

I'd say anyone having their PDI done...don't go in with high expectations. The place is literally a war zone. I deff don't think it's safe for kids right now. I was pretty underwhelmed to say the least. Nice finishes. Workmanship wasn't great..there were a couple things that made me scratch my head too (how do I have 2 shower heads?). The whole thing was rushed. Paint everywhere..caulking everywhere, dirt...balcony full of crap..my unit felt smaller too, but I think it's probably because there was no furniture in it.

There were also a number of things in the model suite that did not translate to my unit but that tends to happen.

occupancy

I'd say anyone having their PDI done...don't go in with high expectations. The place is literally a war zone. I deff don't think it's safe for kids right now. I was pretty underwhelmed to say the least. Nice finishes. Workmanship wasn't great..there were a couple things that made me scratch my head too (how do I have 2 shower heads?). The whole thing was rushed. Paint everywhere..caulking everywhere, dirt...balcony full of crap..my unit felt smaller too, but I think it's probably because there was no furniture in it.

There were also a number of things in the model suite that did not translate to my unit but that tends to happen.

i am on 6th floor and my occupancy date moved now to oct 24th .......i have had no pdi as of yet

So I walked by the site again today and well I was floored to see that there is someone living on 3rd floor already. (no pun intended) TheKingEast sorry i never did go back to take new pictures, but I did see that they have not touched floors 12-14 at all. Nothing has been installed which means my 30th Oct occupancy is wrong?

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that someone has moved in. It may just be their customer care office.

I also know that they're on the 7th floor right now. 10th floor is nowhere near ready for even a PDI. As someone who's been in the building, it's extremely raw...so they have a LOT of work to do. I was kind of disappointed with my unit and completely floored at this entire process. It's baffling.

I find it hard to believe that someone has moved in. It may just be their customer care office.

I also know that they're on the 7th floor right now. 10th floor is nowhere near ready for even a PDI. As someone who's been in the building, it's extremely raw...so they have a LOT of work to do. I was kind of disappointed with my unit and completely floored at this entire process. It's baffling.

Yea it looks weird it's on 3rd floor east side overlooking the street. Bed, lamp, sheets pretty much someone's sleeping room. Unless this is staged unit.

Apparently my occupancy date is unchanged.

Last edited:
Yea it looks weird it's on 3rd floor east side overlooking the street. Bed, lamp, sheets pretty much someone's sleeping room. Unless this is staged unit.

Apparently my occupancy date is unchanged.

That would be a staged unit you're seeing. According to MLS Unit 307 is up for sale ($614,000 for 1,051 sq. ft., the Bellini model, parking and locker not included) so the builder must have staged it for sale. Funny how when they're trying to sell them they can be ready on time...

My occupancy for a 9th floor unit was pushed from October 19th to October 24th.

As for penalties for delay, without providing any legal advice, you are not entitled to penalties per se, but rather to damages. The rules are different if you signed your Agreement of Purchase and Sale before or after July 1, 2008. The damages cover actual costs incurred due to the delay up to a set amount (either $5,000 or $7,500), which amount includes living expenses (up to either $100 or $150 per day). Check to see which situation applies to you and if there is any grace period allowed. This is all set out fully in the Warranty for Delayed Closing or Delayed Occupancy, O Reg 165/08, available here.

That would be a staged unit you're seeing. According to MLS Unit 307 is up for sale ($614,000 for 1,051 sq. ft., the Bellini model, parking and locker not included) so the builder must have staged it for sale. Funny how when they're trying to sell them they can be ready on time...

My occupancy for a 9th floor unit was pushed from October 19th to October 24th.

As for penalties for delay, without providing any legal advice, you are not entitled to penalties per se, but rather to damages. The rules are different if you signed your Agreement of Purchase and Sale before or after July 1, 2008. The damages cover actual costs incurred due to the delay up to a set amount (either $5,000 or $7,500), which amount includes living expenses (up to either $100 or $150 per day). Check to see which situation applies to you and if there is any grace period allowed. This is all set out fully in the Warranty for Delayed Closing or Delayed Occupancy, O Reg 165/08, available here.

Thanks for the info I had terms and confused.

Back