BlogTO posted about this ... the comments are crazy (1.1k comments)
85176885_10157592144944760_4686495866163298304_n.jpg

This company ( Westbank ) is a total scam. They are a marketing company pretending to be in the real estate business. I purchased a pre-construct at this location back in 2018, here is my experience for the past 4+ years

after they took all my deposit money, it was and continues still to be, impossible to get anyone on the phone at their office. I’ve called the office several dozen times over the years, ONLY once was it ever answered. They never returned any of the voicemails I left, and only occasionally answer an email, never answer any questions only offer company lines as answers. I had to find out about construction delays from other investors, along with other updates as they happened. They leave you to the wolves once they have your money. If one were to do their research on Westbank, one would quickly find they are a SHADY company that has been sued more times than I can count by other investors/tenants. I’m Vancouver? They knowingly installed faulty glass at the ShanGriLa project, then were sued by investors for 6.3 million dollars. This took YEARS to settle. Other Westbank projects such as the Vancouver House were mired by faulty HVAC systems that resulted in the flooding of over 20 floors, resulting in multi millions of damages. If you read one of the many other articles available online, you will find Westbank in controversy after controversy. They are a scam, they will scam you like they scammed me, so don’t deal with them. This builder has an extremely shady and dishonest past, including cheaping out on labour and materials. They market themselves as a “luxury” developer but if you read about the “luxury” provided for 1.3 million dollars at the Vancouver House project, you will see how poorly the materials used and the finishes were. Worst of all, if you read about all of the nightmarish problems owners have reported about maintenance issues not only in their units, but the buildings themselves. On one Westbank development on Vancouver, owners complain about EVERYTHING from faulty elevators to lack of building management or upkeep. I am trying to save someone out there debating on purchasing from Westbank. I don’t want others to be robbed like I was by this crooked con job of a company. They will TAKE YOUR money and you can’t do anything about it because you signed the contract, and they have your money therefore they own you. Luckily I don’t care about losing my 170k investment, all I care about is Westbank NOT ripping one of you people reading this off. They are the scum of the earth.

Hi! I'm a longtime lurker and have loved watching the development of this property. I purchased a unit in the South Tower. I read this article regarding Westbank's financial status. I hear that construction is not progressing for the Honest Ed's development. What are your thoughts on this? Is there concern regarding this development?

Hi! I'm a longtime lurker and have loved watching the development of this property. I purchased a unit in the South Tower. I read this article regarding Westbank's financial status. I hear that construction is not progressing for the Honest Ed's development. What are your thoughts on this? Is there concern regarding this development?
Welcome. From what I can tell visually is that this project is full steam ahead. They are currently pouring the columns for the seventh level.

In the latest notice I received from WestBank was that my new tentative occupancy will be extended to September 26, 2024 (was May 1 of this year).
Though construction is moving along very nicely, with the complexity of the construction and detailing and that 70% of the units are unique I expect completion won’t be until spring of 2025.

In the latest notice I received from WestBank was that my new tentative occupancy will be extended to September 26, 2024 (was May 1 of this year).
Though construction is moving along very nicely, with the complexity of the construction and detailing and that 70% of the units are unique I expect completion won’t be until spring of 2025.
Yep...looking like 2025 for you

I have been very happy so far with my purchase here and looking forward to completion. Your comments did not mention specifics and seem to be grossly out of context — also having posted just once here in a pointless rant says a lot too.
I work in the architecture/construction/real estate industry for about 25 years. All new buildings will experience some challenges or difficulties, but I strongly feel that Westbank is one of the most reputable and thoughtful developers in North America. They have a strong ownership in each of their buildings (Westbank will have their office in this building), which could be seen in the high level of design and detail (every one of their buildings feature a custom Fazioli grand piano), involving notable designers and architects, and generating culture and community. I worked on a Westbank project as an architect (not this one) a while ago and got to know Ian Gillespie and many of his staff and they work much differently than other developers in a good way. My experience with Westbank was one of the reasons why I bought here and can’t wait to move in — I don’t think I can ever buy another condo from another developer as I have seen a ton of questionable condos being built here in the last decade. Condo builders/developers seem to be very inconsistent and it’s a crap shoot what you end up getting.

I never had an issue with communications with the builder/developer so far. Maybe you don’t have the right contacts or your emails are not getting through to you or you’re not using a decent lawyer to handle your purchase. Relax, you are not going to lose your deposit. There are rules and regulations in real estate and banking that protects buyers, and Westbank is not developer you should be worried about (the are far more questionable developers out there to be concerned about).

Last edited:
Anyone frustrated by the wait? I purchased in 2019, and still waiting to move in.. looks like december 2025?
If one buys a pre-construction condo, it is normal to wait, and wait and wait. When you purchased, what was the estimated move-in date?

Back