any news on when the building will be registered?

Well I received my letter a couple of weeks ago detailing what I need for closing, etc. and it said that they anticipate registering in Spring of 2013. When we purchased, the sales office said they would be registering in April so it sounds like they're still on track for that.

My closing date if May 30th so I'm hoping that it all happens before then and I pay $0 occupancy.

Went for my PDI today. Overall not too many issues.

Looks like all the amenities have been completed. The games room and the billiards room are nice and have TVs in them as well.

Went for my PDI today. Overall not too many issues.

Looks like all the amenities have been completed. The games room and the billiards room are nice and have TVs in them as well.

Really glad to hear that. That is what I find. They are a reasonably good builder in my experience.
How much before you get the unit was your PDI? We are scheduled to close in late August in 85 East Liberty.

Really glad to hear that. That is what I find. They are a reasonably good builder in my experience.
How much before you get the unit was your PDI? We are scheduled to close in late August in 85 East Liberty.

The builder's date was May 1st but we pushed it to May 30th ourselves because we have to close the house that we sold as well.

Our letter also stated that they're looking to register in "Spring 2013" so I hope after 1.5 months until we move in, it won't be long after that registration is completed.

I didn't pay much attention to common area decor because...well...i don't live in the common area :)

Anyhow, two more notes: The PDI person said they have a contract with Rogers and that if you get services you *have* to sign up with Rogers. I'm going to guess that there is some deal with Rogers and that they are telling people to say this. I already called Bell and they said Bell services are available in my building. Bell Fibe TV/Internet run off a phone line so I can't see how it wouldn't work but whatever I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

The other thing is that you don't get any ceiling lights. Not a huge issue to me because I would just change them anyway. HOWEVER, and this is my first condo so not sure if this is common, they said any lights we do by have to be installed by a licensed electrician due to safety issues, fire, etc.

^^^
I suspect that they have a deal with Rogers offering free 1st year on a 2 year contract.
Lots of buildings are being offered this byRogers and others to try and get into the building. They figure once you sign you are unlikely to change.
Also, regarding the ceiling lights, they will say a licensed electrician but presumably there is a positive and a negative wire and it should be easy to install. Still, safer if done by someone who knows what they are doing.

???Any pictures????

No pics. But it's mirror, stainless steel and that Zebrano kind of fake wood. It all looks nice together. Not a big fan of the hallway carpeting or wallpaper. Lobby is meh. There are a lot of things I don't understand about the building. But all in all they got the most important part right which is the suites and I think they did a good job there. Really happy with how it turned out.

^^^
I suspect that they have a deal with Rogers offering free 1st year on a 2 year contract.
Lots of buildings are being offered this byRogers and others to try and get into the building. They figure once you sign you are unlikely to change.
Also, regarding the ceiling lights, they will say a licensed electrician but presumably there is a positive and a negative wire and it should be easy to install. Still, safer if done by someone who knows what they are doing.

oh ya all the wiring is there it's just covered by a plate

just found it a bit funny that they expect every unit to hire an electrician

No pics. But it's mirror, stainless steel and that Zebrano kind of fake wood. It all looks nice together. Not a big fan of the hallway carpeting or wallpaper. Lobby is meh. There are a lot of things I don't understand about the building. But all in all they got the most important part right which is the suites and I think they did a good job there. Really happy with how it turned out.

are you living in the complex?

Back