I'm in another Plazacorp building. We were able to purchase upgrades directly from the supplier. So, we did our colour choices with Plazacorp (and there was a wide range of options), but if we wanted a different configuration in the kitchen cupboards, for example, we worked directly with Paris Kitchens. If there are things you want to change (one area where there wasn't much choice was kitchen backsplash), find out who the supplier is and contact them.

I did my colour selection yesterday. The packages were alright. I mixed and matched everything taking pieces from 3 out of the 4 packages. I found out that they are actually starting to move some people in 65 east liberty in this July. They are almost complete that tower.

I did my colour selection yesterday. The packages were alright. I mixed and matched everything taking pieces from 3 out of the 4 packages. I found out that they are actually starting to move some people in 65 east liberty in this July. They are almost complete that tower.

really? i thought they were moving everyone in together next summer... doesnt seem you can get a straight answer out of anyone there.

really? i thought they were moving everyone in together next summer... doesnt seem you can get a straight answer out of anyone there.

Logic would dictate if the builder can clain "occupancy status" on the Easterly Building they would move people in as the developer would be able to charge "Phantom Rent" towards the mortgage and get revenue. Ready space (or occupancy ready) sitting idle takes away from the developer's profit. That said, it is actually advantageous to those of us who are lamenting that despite being in first (Westerly building #85) we get occupancy last since assuming it will all be one condo corporation registration will take a year for those moving in July this year if we are only getting ours in or around July 2013. Less time with phantom rent. That said, more time to wait around to finally get the unit.

Logic would dictate if the builder can clain "occupancy status" on the Easterly Building they would move people in as the developer would be able to charge "Phantom Rent" towards the mortgage and get revenue. Ready space (or occupancy ready) sitting idle takes away from the developer's profit. That said, it is actually advantageous to those of us who are lamenting that despite being in first (Westerly building #85) we get occupancy last since assuming it will all be one condo corporation registration will take a year for those moving in July this year if we are only getting ours in or around July 2013. Less time with phantom rent. That said, more time to wait around to finally get the unit.

totally agree with you, i am also in 85 and am glad i dont stuck paying this bogus rent although im dying to move in as well haha

I guess it all depends on your living arrangements while you are waiting for this place to be built. I personally will be running over when they say move in now !! :D

I guess it all depends on your living arrangements while you are waiting for this place to be built. I personally will be running over when they say move in now !! :D

True.
On the other hand, it is not exactly like we can get our part of the building built "yesterday". So I guess we have to look for the silver lining in this cloud, and the decreased "phantom rent" would be it for me.

Any news on move in dates? When do you think the buildings will be registered?

I have been told they expect to close all the transactions by July 31, 2013. So I would think registration will occur thereabouts.

I believe they said they will register April 2013.

Last edited:
I have been told they expect to close all the transactions by July 31, 2013. So I would think registration will occur thereabouts.

I believe they said they will register April 2013.

so the move in dates must be a few months before April?

so the move in dates must be a few months before April?
Probably. I believe 65 East Liberty started or is starting moves now. There is I believe about a 3-4 month delay for 75 and probably similar (assuming no construction strikes etc) for 85 East Liberty. My info is that by end of July 2013 everyone should be moved in who has purchased. Presently over 90% sold in this project. I am guessing they will allow 10 to 15 moves/week or 2 to 3/day. Given each building has approximately 400 units that would imply 26-40 weeks. If they start moving in eg. 85 in December that could explain the approximate moving dates, obviously taking longer to move into the higher than lower floors if past is any indication of future projects. the higher floors in 85 may be after April.

Probably. I believe 65 East Liberty started or is starting moves now. There is I believe about a 3-4 month delay for 75 and probably similar (assuming no construction strikes etc) for 85 East Liberty. My info is that by end of July 2013 everyone should be moved in who has purchased. Presently over 90% sold in this project. I am guessing they will allow 10 to 15 moves/week or 2 to 3/day. Given each building has approximately 400 units that would imply 26-40 weeks. If they start moving in eg. 85 in December that could explain the approximate moving dates, obviously taking longer to move into the higher than lower floors if past is any indication of future projects. the higher floors in 85 may be after April.

this is encouraging news!

I can confirm that I was there recently at night and there seemed to be some units in phase III (still bitter about that) that seemed to be occupied.

Anne, take some solice in that at least when we get into Phase 1 they should be a long way to completing the place. I imagine those in building 65 will be in a construction zone for over a year. Building 85 will likely have 1/2 or less time living within the construction zone

Back