Just had my occupancy delayed. Occupancy was scheduled for October 29th and it was pushed to October 31st. This is getting crazy, we are all packed up and ready to move in for tomorrow.

Just had my occupancy delayed. Occupancy was scheduled for October 29th and it was pushed to October 31st. This is getting crazy, we are all packed up and ready to move in for tomorrow.

Mark_Mal, hope they won't delay it more! What floor are you on if you don't mind me asking?

I'm on the 48th floor and have been told occupancy is Nov 20th. I live out of town and has been calling the builder to ask for a ballpark of dates for my PDI but they keep tell me to call back another day - I can't decide last minute coz' plane tickets sky rocket within 2 weeks of departure!

Any one has their PDI scheduled for floors 40-48? Are the PDI still somewhat on schedule and how far are they from the occupancy dates?

Thanks!

Helen

Mark_Mal, hope they won't delay it more! What floor are you on if you don't mind me asking?

I'm on the 48th floor and have been told occupancy is Nov 20th. I live out of town and has been calling the builder to ask for a ballpark of dates for my PDI but they keep tell me to call back another day - I can't decide last minute coz' plane tickets sky rocket within 2 weeks of departure!

Any one has their PDI scheduled for floors 40-48? Are the PDI still somewhat on schedule and how far are they from the occupancy dates?

Thanks!

Helen

Hi Helen, I literally just got word from the builder that my occupancy is a GO for October 31st :)
I am on the 36th floor. The PDI is usually scheduled a week or two before occupancy. I was in touch with Josephine in the sales office to schedule my PDI. Her email is: jgarofalo@cityzen.ca
In my experiece my occupancy went from Ocober 22 to October 28 to October 31. You should be able to reach out and ask what floor they are currently working on.

Hi Helen, I literally just got word from the builder that my occupancy is a GO for October 31st :)
I am on the 36th floor. The PDI is usually scheduled a week or two before occupancy. I was in touch with Josephine in the sales office to schedule my PDI. Her email is: jgarofalo@cityzen.ca
In my experiece my occupancy went from Ocober 22 to October 28 to October 31. You should be able to reach out and ask what floor they are currently working on.

Thanks for the info Mark_Mal! When I asked earlier this week it Josephine was scheduling 42-43rd floor - so it sounds like they are somewhat catching up? But it's really hard to tell.... sounds like there may still be a couple days of delay at the bare minimum....

There is no traditional window wall on L Tower. It's a hybrid on the east, south, and west sides. Pure curtain wall on the north side.

Its high quality material for all the windows. Having an indoor pool and hot tub instead of the boot is really a net benefit to the residents.
Great job to the crew and builder. But the floor tiles, especially the basement area, look really cheap. The lobby remains to be seen, but does
not look promising in the current shape. Feel like the builder is cutting cost. Definitely not meeting the expectation in the sales brochure for the interior done by well known designers.

Hi everyone,
I am filling out my 30 day Tarion warranty list and there are several blanks which I don't have answers for:
- vendor/builder #
- enrollement #
- lot #
- project/subdivision name
Does anyone have this information? I emailed Cityzen too, but I haven't heard back.
Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I am filling out my 30 day Tarion warranty list and there are several blanks which I don't have answers for:
- vendor/builder #
- enrollement #
- lot #
- project/subdivision name
Does anyone have this information? I emailed Cityzen too, but I haven't heard back.
Thanks!

Hi Riley, the enrolment # is a 7 digit # on a Tarion document that was given to you when you got your keys. The document had a sticker on it and I was told to stick it to the inside of my fuse panel door. Josephine in the customer service office on the 3rd floor has a copy of this if you need it.

Vendor/Builder #: B37796
Lot #: 1
Subdivision Name: 12161 & 64R-16770

Im filling my claim out online at Tarion.ca
You need your enrolment # to register your unit on the webpage.

Hi Riley, the enrolment # is a 7 digit # on a Tarion document that was given to you when you got your keys. The document had a sticker on it and I was told to stick it to the inside of my fuse panel door. Josephine in the customer service office on the 3rd floor has a copy of this if you need it.

Vendor/Builder #: B37796
Lot #: 1
Subdivision Name: 12161 & 64R-16770

Im filling my claim out online at Tarion.ca
You need your enrolment # to register your unit on the webpage.

THANK YOU Mark!

When submitting the claim online, it has a section for adding supporting documents. What documents would be added here? Do we include a copy of the PDI document? Thanks.

I think i'm going to post pictures, videos of the damages, as well as my PDI form..

They don't seem organized at all, so it's probably best to be super detailed. (ex. they replaced my living room flooring, but they just nailed the baseboard back in without sending anyone further to paint over the baseboard)

When submitting the claim online, it has a section for adding supporting documents. What documents would be added here? Do we include a copy of the PDI document? Thanks.

The supporting documents I am adding are my delay letters from the L Tower lawyers that were sent to me. Other then that you would need recipts if you incurred extra moving costs, storage etc. No recipts or supporting documents needed for living expenses.

It will be interesting to see if/how much each person is eligible for in terms of compensation. I know I will be eligible for at least 1500 due to a delay from October 29 to October 31 (Notice of construction delay faxed to my lawyer on October 28th). From what I read on the Tarion website notice has to be given at least 10 days in advance. Some of my delays were listed as "Unavoidable Delays" due to weather conditions and due to the drywall/elevator strike and some listed as "Construction Delays"

From the paperwork I have here is a list of my delays:

Confirmed Occupancy Date:
November 12, 2013

delayed to:
March 11, 2014 (a one time 120 day delay is permitted according to Tarion if enough notice is given, which it was)

delayed to:
April 1, 2014 (Unavoidable Delay due to weather)

delayed to:
April 15, 2014 (Unavoidable Delay due to drywall + elevator strike)

delayed to:
June 15, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
July 23, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:

delayed to:
August 20, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
October 22, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
October 29, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
October 31, 2014 (Construction Delays)

Mark,

I think we have 12 months to file that right?

According to the Tarion conditions, and if I recall correctly, there were 2 dates where the builder has failed to give us proper notification.

1 was upon completion of the roof (i'm not sure when this happened, but within 30 days of completion, we must be provided a confirmed occupancy date, or else the "current" tentative becomes the confirmed for the purpose of compensation) - I don't recall any of my letters had the words "confirmed" in it.

Also i recall 1 delay notice was given within 65 (or 35) of the "tentative", which means on that day, the "tentative" becomes confirmed for the purpose of compensation.

The supporting documents I am adding are my delay letters from the L Tower lawyers that were sent to me. Other then that you would need recipts if you incurred extra moving costs, storage etc. No recipts or supporting documents needed for living expenses.

It will be interesting to see if/how much each person is eligible for in terms of compensation. I know I will be eligible for at least 1500 due to a delay from October 29 to October 31 (Notice of construction delay faxed to my lawyer on October 28th). From what I read on the Tarion website notice has to be given at least 10 days in advance. Some of my delays were listed as "Unavoidable Delays" due to weather conditions and due to the drywall/elevator strike and some listed as "Construction Delays"

From the paperwork I have here is a list of my delays:

Confirmed Occupancy Date:
November 12, 2013

delayed to:
March 11, 2014 (a one time 120 day delay is permitted according to Tarion if enough notice is given, which it was)

delayed to:
April 1, 2014 (Unavoidable Delay due to weather)

delayed to:
April 15, 2014 (Unavoidable Delay due to drywall + elevator strike)

delayed to:
June 15, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:

delayed to:

delayed to:
August 20, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
October 22, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
October 29, 2014 (Construction Delays)

delayed to:
October 31, 2014 (Construction Delays)

Hello Guys,

Needs some feedback/help. So we have got our keys, and we are now staying in our place, but the builder has not given has a parking spot (Temp one as the backstage is not ready yet).

The property management company keeps telling me that they have contacted the head office, and the head office tells me its the property management company that needs to figure it out... I am not sure who to turn to or what to say. It just seems so strange that they can not figure this out.

Thanks,

The actual parking lot is not ready, they haven't build the entrance yet...

Are you saying you haven't been given a temp spot across the street?

Hello Guys,

Needs some feedback/help. So we have got our keys, and we are now staying in our place, but the builder has not given has a parking spot (Temp one as the backstage is not ready yet).

The property management company keeps telling me that they have contacted the head office, and the head office tells me its the property management company that needs to figure it out... I am not sure who to turn to or what to say. It just seems so strange that they can not figure this out.

Thanks,

Back