Atrens has a comprehensive condo policy at a decent price. They are the largest condo corporation insurer as well, so if you ever do need to file a claim, it can expedite the process when both the corporation and the homeowner have the same insurer.

Final closing is scheduled for the first week of June.

Thanks, TorontoMike, Riley, Wolf, and others for the update!

Has anybody heard anything about when the amenities/parking etc will be complete? I've still not interim occupied yet (or PDI...), so my only source of info is when I sneak in or walk past the building. I'm also interested in what interesting mortgage rates you folks are locking in!

From Yonge st I can the gym and looks like there is equipment there. If you can get 2.14 - 2yr, 2.29 - 3yr, 2.59 - 5 yr or prime -70 on a 5yr variable those are pretty much the lowest i have seen with good mortgage terms.

Anyone successful in claiming delayed occupancy compensation?

Good luck
Mike

From Yonge st I can the gym and looks like there is equipment there. If you can get 2.14 - 2yr, 2.29 - 3yr, 2.59 - 5 yr or prime -70 on a 5yr variable those are pretty much the lowest i have seen with good mortgage terms.

Anyone successful in claiming delayed occupancy compensation?

Good luck
Mike

I have not apply for it, as we have 1 year to do so. My lawyer told me to apply for it after closing, as there are some wordings in the contract that can lead to bad things. So when June hits, I'll be sending that in.

Has any received their Final Statement of Adjustments? Would like to know what the Levies look like

L Tower Chaos

I don't know how you all feel about the tower, I see chaos everyday. From freezing in January to flood after flood and fire alarm constantly.

For those who want to rent a unit I highly recommend you do a full investigation.
I am amused by city of Toronto and how they let people move in when the building is not safe to occupy!

Just imagine a kid running down to the amenity floor !!

Why should we all be happy with all the crap and let politic and money role our city!

All I can think is to move out of this building ASAP.

The sad reality of new condo living. You couldn't pay me to buy pre-con ever again.

This stuff happens in all the new condos. The builders police themselves (ie: Tarion). The city just wants to get paid. Everyone wins except the purchaser.

Last edited:
My pre-con experience was amazing when compared to many of the horror stories I have read about buildings that really aren't fit for occupancy. Even still, it was bad enough that I also wouldn't buy pre-con again. I agree that there needs to be better regulation around what constitutes a construction site and when a building is fit to live in.

Ltower owners need to document everything on their tarion forms. This includes all common elements that are incomplete. It should also be brought up to property management so its included in the audit report that property management submits to the developer. This is one small way to hold them accountable. Also call tarion to book your inspections if items are not complete by the timelines in the guide.

Last edited:
This should be City responsibility toward the people living in Toronto. How they let developers to get people into the unfinished buildings?
Tower crane still attached to the building. Fire alarm is part of our routine life in this building, and you can hear construction all the time. Non of the amenities are finished to this time, and everyone could access to all construction parts of the tower. Who is controlling and responsible for the safety and security?

Amenities are the least of your worries from the sounds of it. They don't have to be completed and available until six months after registration

Around 20 issues were listed in my 30 day tarrion including the smallest crack on paint. 90 percent of all of them have been fixed including the repair of smallest crack on paint. They were professional in this regard. This would be my third condo building in downtown Toronto . Having water leaks and water shut down for a day is common though still frustrating. Few people here are reading too much into this.
The building had been registered my closing date is first week of June.
Has anyone installed a ceiling light fixture in bedroom . I saw a blue , yellow , green and white wire. Is blue the new black. Also the switches are not controlling the light fixtures. Anyone having such issues.

Back