News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Another glass box in a totally inappropriate location? Please tell me it isn't so!
I hope they save this one by at least creating a podium level that is in context with the surrounding buildings... but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I'm fine with it, in that they are developing on a parking lot rather than tearing down anything heritage. From the renders we've seen the square fronting onto King will be a nice little public space with the tower set back mid block.

Another glass box in a totally inappropriate location? Please tell me it isn't so!
I hope they save this one by at least creating a podium level that is in context with the surrounding buildings... but I'm not holding my breath.

Another person jumping to conclusions without even consulting the renders first? Sadly it is so. This building is quite unique, with a glass (oh no!) and twisted steel facade, set back from King St., featuring open space for patios and the like.

Renders are in the thread, check them out. Also, look at the context and its proximity to the Financial District and other towers. It's really not so inappropriate.

It's far away enough to not cast a shadow over queens park or city hall so it's height and location should be fine.

How is this location inappropriate for a tower?

Where is the context to the surrounding buildings at street level? This is wedged next to a 1907 beaux-arts style theatre. I know there is a great desire to build tall, and I am totally fine with that, but not at the expense of context and street presence.

Back