News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Drove on it yesterday. It's a bridge. It's smooth. Seems well built. A pleasant motoring experience.

But as someone else highlighted, a big miss not making the sidewalk on the east side of the street a MUP all the way to 82 street.
When was that sidewalk built? I’m hoping that as the bike plan roles out that some of these routes will be upgraded.

When was that sidewalk built? I’m hoping that as the bike plan roles out that some of these routes will be upgraded.

Large sections of that sidewalk were recently rebuilt but to the same spec as before, which makes this more baffling. After you pass the bridge heading towards 82 street, the sidewalk narrows down to your typical sidewalk width.

Last edited:
I think it was just after the community renewal in Cromdale in 2015-16. I am thinking 2017 but couldn't find any reference to support my memory.

Large sections of that sidewalk were recently rebuilt but to the same spec as before, which makes this more baffling. After you pass the bridge heading towards 82 street, the sidewalk narrows down to your typical sidewalk width.
It's completely baffling there wasn't a higher priority on that sidewalk, and it desperately needs to be revisited. If anywhere should be a wide MUP it's that sidewalk, both for leisure visits and as part of a picturesque commuter route.

Back