News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

If two individuals created by the crossover of animal and human DNA have sex, is it beastiality and can they get married?

I never did get the whole polygamy or open relationship thing. You either are in love with someone or not. Men have to really learn how to control their private part. Because thats the whole reason we have stuff like polygamy

Try it out, you might like it.

As for me controlling their "private part" I assume you mean the brain?

When you really think about it, it is quite easy to possibly love a number of people than to force yourself to love only one.

^I know.

Either way, my suggestion was for a certain someone to kick the tires, so to speak.

Personally speaking, I'm for the the "limited partnership," in which relationships come with time limits and an option to renew.

^ Damn I knew I forgot to put something into my marriage vows.

My relationships have always had such a clause. Pity I am never told about it in advance.

My relationships have always had such a clause. Pity I am never told about it in advance

The "best before" date is a highly underrated practice.

An interesting post on a blog related to this matter.

Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2006
"Boyfriends, with an S"

AoD

I'm for legalizing polygamy. Not that I'm going to be having a harem anytime soon. With marriage comes a set of rights and protections under the law that wives are entitled to, but "girlfriends" and "mistresses" are not. Yet why is it legal for a married man to have a mistress but illegal for him to have a second wife? Why is it OK under the law for a married man to sneak around with a girlfriend but not OK to have another wife with the full social and legal standing as the first wife?

For a polygamy regime to work, there would have to be safeguards. There should be some limit on the number of wives. One man hoarding all the women would no doubt cause a lot of problems. IMHO, 4 is more than enough. Subsequent wives would have to have the same entitlements the first wife gets. That is, the financial support for each wife must be fairly equal. All the children from these marriages must be entitled to similar support as well.

Also, the government should not have to subsidize polygamy through welfare payments. Before marrying other wives, the husband would have to prove he has the financial means to support multiple wives and the children that would result from their union. He might even have to put a deposit with the government for each subsequent wife he marries, in the event they fall below the poverty line.

I don't think it needs to be regulated at all. My concerns center around spousal abuse in such situations but as long as that is what the women involved want I don't see the issue. As long as the women are free to decide, aren't emotionally or physically abused, and aren't hidden away from society I don't see the problem. The issues with polygamy stem from women not really having a choice culturally, or being hidden from society with no way out. The same issues come up in regular marriage though I guess. As you say there is little to prevent a man impregnating a whole bunch of mistresses he isn't married to, so why block marriage which gives the woman greater legal protection?

I don't think there needs to be a limit on the number of women... I don't see there being a shortage of women and if all those women actually want to be with the same guy then so be it. There is no limit to women outside the bounds of marriage so why try to enforce one inside marriage? As far as welfare I don't see a need to treat welfare any different either... there are tons of single moms trying to raise a child on their own who are on welfare and no restrictions on their husbands not to have sex, what difference would the family size under one roof make? If four grandparents, two parents, and six children live in a house they can collect welfare if required... what is the difference?

As far as welfare I don't see a need to treat welfare any different either... there are tons of single moms trying to raise a child on their own who are on welfare and no restrictions on their husbands not to have sex, what difference would the family size under one roof make?

I don't understand your question. How can single moms have husbands? If they have husbands, that would make them married moms, right?

Family size makes a BIG difference it the amount of money taxpayers would have to dole out for welfare. If money is no object for you, that is great. However, for the average man, polygamy is an expensive proposition. It is a luxury; by no means is it a necessity. I don't see why the government should (or would) subsidize it, just as I don't see why the government should (or would) give the poor yachts or mansions.

Family size makes a BIG difference it the amount of money taxpayers would have to dole out for welfare. If money is no object for you, that is great. However, for the average man, polygamy is an expensive proposition. It is a luxury; by no means is it a necessity.

The amount of money being spent would have more to do with the number of children than it would on people being under one roof. There is not a decreasing welfare allowance for families that are monogamous for each child they have. Some monogamous families have six kids and they could end up on welfare just as easily. Some parents from failed marriages remarry and have more kids. The issue which would cost taxpayers would be parents having too many kids and then ending up on welfare, not parents having too many spouses. Each spouse would cost the same (or more if housing is covered) if they were on welfare living on their own and single. Three polygamous people focused on their careers might not have children at all and with only a single primary household they would end up paying more taxes than others. Polygamy is free. If there is a financial cost it has nothing to do with polygamy and more to do with other factors like number of children and education, self-motivation, or self-confidence issues which could exist with people in monogamous relationships or with those who are single.

Back