Yes and we have been through this many times. The City wants bins that can be wheeled to their trucks and picked up mechanically and these are the best design they can come up with.. WT had quite 'pretty' bins at one time but they did not fit the City standards so they were replaced.
Yes I know... no excuse ... every other major city figured this out.. we need to do so as well..

Still some final touches, I guess.
Completion summer 2024? 4 weeks to fall 2024
From The Esplanade tonight.
IMG_6749.jpeg

IMG_6750.jpeg

Still some final touches, I guess.
Completion summer 2024? 4 weeks to fall 2024
From The Esplanade tonight.
View attachment 591402

View attachment 591403
Last week there were workers moving sand around so they are still 'playing with it' but it REALLY is time to open the damn thing. Politicians should be back in town next week so let's hope they can be rounded up to cut ribbons!

I was cycling past a few minutes ago and they were clearly 'tidying up' - I strongly doubt they need 2+ weeks to do so but I suppose no suitable ribbon-cutting politico could be rounded up until 14th.

Not a fan of the asphalt... especially the large open area around the lookout structure which is looking quite empty. But otherwise looking good and excited to visit!

So happy and yes I wish they would have a soft-opening now and do the official one later but sigh.

I do have a question about the promenade on the far right of the screen: will it be joined to the park?

IMG_7667.jpeg

Where is this park exactly?

Cool. Thank you! I’ll try to check it out. Looks like a cool new place.

Back