• Ligers

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Tigons

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

wonderboy416

Member Bio
Reaction score
Both are big, strong, fast, agile and can take down much larger and stronger predicators. Lions have a fascinating social structure and together can take out just about any animal in the African wild (ie. mammoth elephants). They are the most fearless animals on land and have no equal in the African wilderness. Tigers on the other hand evolved to be even quicker, more agile, stronger and better one-on-one fighters due to their solitary lifestyle, they however will turn down a good fight if they sense injury as they will no longer be able to provide for themselves, where as the lions will keep fighting until they prevail. It's worth noting that a Tiger does typically have to kill more dangerous prey to survive (alligators/crocs, massive snakes).

In reality they'd be more likely to mate than fight with each other if they ever crossed paths in the wild (highly unlikely). They simply pose too great of a threat to one another and both animals are smart enough to know that.

I only create this stupid poll as I actually heard two people having this debate once... what makes one animal better than the other? I think both are awesome, although there's no more intimidating sound on the planet then the roar of a male African lion! So that was my deciding factor lol. Just for fun.

Last edited:
Up next, gerbils vs hamsters. The winner goes on to the next round to face the victor of the marmoset/squirrel cage match.

Tigers!

tiger-and-piglets-two.jpg

I was also born in the year of the Tiger as well. But, frankly speaking, Tigers are just more appealing to me on an aesthetic level.

Last edited:
Lions_clubs_international_logo.jpg

I chose Lions, at least the male variety. Unlike Tigers, male Lions get to lay around all day while the females bring home the food, and most of the time you're not sleeping, you're shagging. Not bad.

I chose Lions, at least the male variety. Unlike Tigers, male Lions get to lay around all day while the females bring home the food, and most of the time you're not sleeping, you're shagging. Not bad.

In order to get to that position a male must often fight off (and sometimes kill) the head lion in a pride, then they will go and kill of their young and impregnate all the ladies in the pride with theirs... It truly is survival of the fittest. Every once in a while a new lion or 2 will roll into town and try to oust that lion laying around all day. So while they have it the best, they also have to be extremely bad-ass to get into that position.

Back