9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

B

BrianHawkins1

Hi all,

I've just noticed an odd quirk that I thought I'd draw to everyone's attention. It seems that if I try to login to ezboard starting from the urbantoronto.ca site, it won't recognize my account. However, if I attempt to do so starting from the p083.ezboard.com/btorontoskyscraperforum site, all is well. I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough about these things to know what this suggests, and it could just be some strange thing with my computer(s), but I thought I'd pipe up with this in case it's a widespread thing.

BH

Does the website address in your address bar read urbantoronto.ca when you're attempting to login, or ezboard? If it's showing urbantoronto.ca on the actual login screen, that's probably part of the problem.

That is the problem. The urbantoronto.ca url was off for a long while. When I took over I revived it using a quick fix. Will have to stay like this until the new forum is set up.

I've noted a few login "issues."

When logging is, an advertisement will appear (the typical stuff). I skip over it after logging in and then receive an error message. I'll leave this, flip to another web site, then return to urban toronto to find that my login was successful.

Rather odd.

I've been unable to login to my account here for 3 days through ezBoard or using urbantoronto.com with Firefox 2.0. I was however able to get on using urbantoronto.com with IE 7.0.
All seems good now with Firefox.

Having problems logging in as well.

When will we dump this sorry excuse for a bulletin board?

Hoping for sometime in January/February. I'm thinking vBulletin. Any suggestions anyone?

Back