News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

alexp

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi,
I have $1250 in US funds that I would like to exchange for Canadian cash (for the exact exchage rate). Would prefer to exchnage it with someone looking to buy US, rather than going through a bank and getting charged 3-4%. That way, we both save. I'd be happy to meet up at a bank if you are concerned with the validity of the transaction. Please let me know if you are interested.

Alex

PS You needn't trade me for the entire $1250 if you don't need that much

PSS Forgot to add, I'm currently located in the West end of downtown Toronto

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I just realized that as I new member with under 25 posts, that I'm normally not allowed to start new threads. I just would like to apologize for the initial oversight on my part, and I have just emailed the admin to address the matter and for permission to have these 2 threads of mine kept up.

Thanks,
Alex

You got the right idea. I exchanged $1500 Euros a couple of weeks ago at RBC, and got royally hosed on the spread. Out of curiosity, have you tried independent currency exchangers? What sort of spread do they offer?

Hi,
I have $1250 in US funds that I would like to exchange for Canadian cash (for the exact exchage rate). Would prefer to exchnage it with someone looking to buy US, rather than going through a bank and getting charged 3-4%. That way, we both save. I'd be happy to meet up at a bank if you are concerned with the validity of the transaction. Please let me know if you are interested.

Alex

PS You needn't trade me for the entire $1250 if you don't need that much

PSS Forgot to add, I'm currently located in the West end of downtown Toronto

I'd be interested in the whole amount if you still have it.

Back