What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I believe that other than the densification of the campus within its present bounds as is underscored in their current expansion plans the most exciting possibility for growth lies in going north along either side of 109th Street (the Business School is the first step in that possibility) -- MacU could "light-up" the street with commercial/retail ground floors (much like Hub at UofA) with classrooms and on-campus residences above. The urban aesthetic of this would be good for both the Street and the University, not to mention downtown Edmonton (I would like to see arterial development that counts on 109 st, 101 st, Jasper ave, and 104 ave as developmental legs in the fast growing City, each with their own distinct character).

IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3048.jpeg

And lose the charm of being maybe one of the worlds longest hallways?😂
I can admit I've used MacEwan as a pedway to make my way downtown or home on a couple of occasions when there was freezing rain and sidewalks were ice.

That 103 Avenue traffic light and street lighting is aesthetically. appealing. Fits in nicely. Same for the curved fixtures west of 109 Street and east of 101 Street. The curved fixtures fit in brilliantly on the new bridge but unfortunately that can't be said about them on Jasper between between 101 and 109 streets. Better than the old green fixtures that are still there and the traffic lights that hang on a wire in places but the new curved fixtures look "forced" and clash with the building on Jasper. jmho Others may see it differently.

Back