News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Certainly looks like a development that is well laid out. I'm quite impressed with their idea of putting a pool/skating rink in the middle of that tower cluster.

Perhaps this will be the beginnings of something like Scarborough Centre or Mississauga Centre in Edmonton.

Mmm, nothing really special.

If it was really transit oriented, the new transit terminal would be located at the centre of the community (underground with a park on top would be nice), however from looking at those site plans, it appears it has been pushed to the north of the site.

Louroz

^ If that were the case, Scarborough Centre would easily be the most-transit oriented development in all of the GTA.

Transit oriented development doesn't mean that everything has to be built around a transit station. It just means that the community should be built so that the distance between it and the transit station is close enough for people to walk and/or bike to. For example Toronto Union Station- it's located at the south end of the Financial District, but most people have no problem accessing it from all the big office buildings in the area.

I completely agree Wyliepoon.

It is good for Edmonton that they are recognizing the importance of issues like mass transit and density, even in the absence of what one might think would be a tremendous need for such concerns in a smaller and more remote city. I guess the widespread trend towards urbanization continues.

The transit station will be on the west side of the complex actually, just to the west of the central core of the plan. It's going there so that the light rail can continue south along 111 St. in the future.

Back