News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Okay hold up. filing an FOI is $5 which is absolutely standard across the Ontario government
Shes truly being performative here, they even allow you go in person with a $5 bill.
They havent even refused her foi yet. What is she complaining about? That the agency isn't just giving it up immediately?

OK then the problem of the secrecy of Metrolinx doesn't matter here, she and most other people just want a more open government which we don't have as a whole

Im sure shes very nice and a good politician but sometimes politicians do things just to be on a news headline
Why would you assume she's being performative, when her reputation for the last 15 years is for doing, if anything, the opposite?

And why would someone need an FOI for the organization chart? The government itself keeps their entire organization chart on their website, right down to the office admins!

I see no reason that it wouldn't be availableon request, especially to those in the legislature.

Why would you assume she's being performative, when her reputation for the last 15 years is for doing, if anything, the opposite?

And why would someone need an FOI for the organization chart? The government itself keeps their entire organization chart on their website, right down to the office admins!

I see no reason that it wouldn't be availableon request, especially to those in the legislature.

re organizational chart on its website

I assume you are referring to INFO-GO? This is all it shows for Metrolinx, unless you're looking at a different page.

I would have to assume she already asked them for the City of Toronto equivalent of this, and they said 'no', thus the FOI request.

As an MPP, doesn't she have the parliamentary privileges to get this info anyway?
I was just wondering that - but we are a secretive society - or at least a society where government has defined secrecy as a default. As far as Conservatives and Liberals go, secrecy is disgraceful in opposition and necessary to do the people’s business when in government

'The Local' has a sort of profile of Phil Verster; one with which neither he nor Metrolinx cooperated; as you might imagine, its not all that flattering.

While the bits on compensation (his being the highest among North American transit operators) aren't new, they do remind one of a serious issue with Mx, pay does not appear to be tied to performance at all.

There's also some background on his stints with assorted rail operators in the UK; stories I was familiar w/before he was hired, just as I was Rick Leary's history with Boston.

On the basis of their resumes, neither should ever have been hired in the first place and its frankly very difficult in light of the abysmal results under their respective tenures to fathom why either still has a job.

the star with a great article about the ebikes on go trains. finds that aside from some exceptions where some people miss the trains, its basically organized chaos

I was there at Bay for just under an hour. Everyone I saw was civil and wasn't as bad as some loud voices make out to be on socials. There were announcements and boards indicated everything so I'm not sure what else people want from this. Not every little inconvenience needs to be a drama show.

Back