8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

koogle

Member Bio
Reaction score
In Toronto, typical condo buildings require a minimum lease term of 6 months or 1 year, and of course there are those ones that allow AirBnb.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are buildings that allow atypical lease terms, say 4 months, 8 months? ?

I don't know of any condo that will accept lease term for 4 or 8 months. It's possible to find that term (you just need to ask around) some landlords (owner of a unit) might accept that.

Need help with renting. At the moment I do not advise using rent as it requires a lot of rent. Not everyone has a lot of money right now during the pandemic. I advise you not to use rent, which is easier to take out a mortgage. Much more profitable and more convenient. Even a friend who rented a car saw me take the same car on a mortgage, but I was able to stay in the black when he was in big debt and spent a lot of money on a car on lease. At the moment I am using a special site that helps me with the mortgage and its registration. This site also has Mortgage Advice Essex. Thanks to this site for helping me figure out with mortgages and their advantages

Last edited:
In Toronto, typical condo buildings require a minimum lease term of 6 months or 1 year, and of course there are those ones that allow AirBnb.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are buildings that allow atypical lease terms, say 4 months, 8 months? ?

Not specific buildings but you might find an agreeable LL if it coincides with your lease to end right before September school rush, etc where LL would have easier time to re-lease.

Not specific buildings but you might find an agreeable LL if it coincides with your lease to end right before September school rush, etc where LL would have easier time to re-lease.
Not quite sure why this old thread has been resurrected but the length of leases allowed in condo corporations is normally set by a Condo Rule and is corporation-specific. many are minimum 6 months and quite a few, like mine, one-year. You may find an 'agreeable landlord" but the condo Rules may prohibit a short-term lease..

Back