39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

C

circuitboy84

Hi everyone.
I was just curious if anyone knew how easy it is to rent
a condo in MCC?

There is a lot of supply coming onstream so there will be a lot of competition among investors for renters. It may not be easy for the rental market to absorb so many new units in a short period of time.

Agreed, there are a lot of buildings in the MCC area, especially if you consider the district as stretchihg south to Central Parkway and north up to Eglinton. And a lot more are coming on line within the next 3 - 4 years. There are thousands of units in a range of sizes and prices.

Observer Walt wrote:

And a lot more are coming on line within the next 3 - 4 years. There are thousands of units in a range of sizes and prices.

Um. Gee, I just hope that none of those thousands of new units in a range of sizes and prices will attract people that need to commute into work each morning...

Signed,
The Mississauga Muse

^ Of course they will, and many of these people will find themselves within a reasonable distance of their jobs, hence their decision to purchase in this location! :)

Even those commuting into the jungles of downtown TO. might not find it too unreasonable and onerous, if they can time it to get the GO Train at Cooksville station.

Re: Mississauga City Centre Good Area to Invest?, Observer Walt, you wrote:

Of course they will, and many of these people will find themselves within a reasonable distance of their jobs, hence their decision to purchase in this location!

I should've read the papers before posting my commute comments yesterday.

Right after posting, I hit several newspaper articles about Toronto losing jobs to the GTA suburbs --like this from the National Post:

Taxes send jobs to suburbs
Calgary could take city's title as economic capital

Peter Kuitenbrouwer, National Post
Published: Tuesday, October 17, 2006

[snip]

Businesses in Toronto pay about $1-billion more in taxes than they would if they were in the suburbs, Mr. Pill calculates.

As a result, since 1990, Toronto has lost 100,000 jobs, whereas the 905 region has gained 850,000 jobs, City of Toronto data shows. The 905 region surpassed the city in total number of jobs three years ago, and the suburbs now employ 1.55 million people, 150,000 more jobs than the city.

So people moving into all those condos at Burnhamthorpe and Hurontario can likely roll out of bed and into their 9to5 right there IN the 905..

Apologies. I'm still of the old mindset where everyone's car is aiming east to T.O.

Signed,
The (I should first do your homework) Mississauga Muse

Back