8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

doady

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just some photos I never posted before (at least I don't think so...) of random places in Mississauga. Two are older, the first from 2006, the second from 2007 - apparently my only photo from 2007 other than the set of Humber Bay Park I posted last year. The rest are newer, taken this year, the last five this Friday.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
original.jpg

original.jpg
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Does a Mississauga street have a sidewalk?

If a Mississauga street has sidewalks, will anyone walk?

If they walk in Mississauga, why use a treadmill?

Looks like the bridge over the Credit north of Bristol and south of Britannia.

nice pics, doady..

Is the one photo a goose leg?

I'd hate to see some of that natural beauty paved over for more condos. I hope those spaces are protected.

Fortunately a lot of those spaces are protected.

Some of those pictures make think longingly of summer.

yep, that was my thought too - Ontario summer. we are atleast getting a nice taste of spring this weekend and more through mid-week...
nice selection of shots, especially those purple flowers!

Doady, several good shots of scenes including sidewalks, walking paths, and a pedestrian bridge!

Couple of those shots were shot by me.

The city has city walks during the summer, rest the year they roll them up because of the snow.

Oh I don't know about that, the linear walk near me, along Little Etobicoke Creek, is used pretty steadily year round. It's a pretty unusual day that no one is out there.

Thanks everyone. The parks were Erindale Park, and I think also one the parks near Streetsville. And no that photo is not a goose leg (how could I get so close to a goose?), it is actually a branch or a twig.

There are some more photos from this set that I want to show. These ones are just macros. I didn't think you guys would have even the slightest interest in them so i never posted them before.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I have not taken any photos since the ones in this thread, and I was thinking maybe this week I will go since there is snow on the ground now and hopefully get some get some good winter photos.

Sweet pictures!

I know everyone hates Mississauga for being the epitomy of urban sprawl, but I happen to enjoy living here.

I think it's a farily exciting 'suburb' and I have to admit that it has a decent transportation system, job market and nightlife. It has a lot to offer in recreational activity as well. Maybe if everyone from Toronto spent some more time here they'd appreciate it more :p These pictures help to show Missy's big, 'empty' beauty. That sounded slightly sexual ...

Fun fact: If you go to the Winston Churchill/QEW overpass, there is a Manhattan-esque to the Torotno skyline from that particular vantage point. I've always meant to take a picture, but university drains the pockets of coin to buy cameras. Perhaps another fine gentleman or gentlewoman could do the honour?

Back