News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

167 Queen East looks like it is being converted into a hotel. Never in a million years did I think that this stretch would be upgrading! By the way the addition on the back looks like it will allow entry from George St. which we all know is a different world.

167 Queen East looks like it is being converted into a hotel. Never in a million years did I think that this stretch would be upgrading! By the way the addition on the back looks like it will allow entry from George St. which we all know is a different world.

What's there now:

1710530538222.png

1710530569839.png

Plan:

1710530605638.png

Ground Floor:

1710530670212.png

I can appreciate the potential restoration.............but have to say, the removal of 5 housing units here is problematic; even moreso because at fewer than six units there is no replacement required.

@HousingNowTO may wish to weigh in here.

I saw this and can’t find any info. Southeast corner of Britain and George and was a parking lot but now fenced off. Can’t locate an address or anything on CofA. Maybe just a repaving but maybe something else! Taken 15 March.

IMG_8714.jpeg

What's there now:

View attachment 548530
View attachment 548531

Plan:

View attachment 548532

Ground Floor:

View attachment 548533

I can appreciate the potential restoration.............but have to say, the removal of 5 housing units here is problematic; even moreso because at fewer than six units there is no replacement required.

@HousingNowTO may wish to weigh in here.
That whole block is ripe for something - which would probably involve a facadectomy. Frankly, it seems odd to do something to one building only but this is within a stone's throw of the new Ontario line Station and is clearly in play.

So I notice this in the CA Zoning Notice document from the 13th.
the examination of your Zoning Applicable Law Certificate application has revealed that certain requirements of the City's Zoning By-law(s) and/or other Applicable Law, (…), have not been satisfied.
A Zoning Applicable Law Certificate will be issued only when it has been determined that the drawings and information submitted comply with the City Zoning By-law(s) and other Applicable Law.
There are superseded plans reposted today, the 15th, but I don’t notice any differences. I don’t see how they’re meant to get around this barrier:
The maximum permitted non-residential gross floor area for the lot is 2 times the area of the lot (449 m2). The proposed non-residential gross floor area is equal to 2.87 times the area of the lot (646 m2).

[Chapter 40.10.40.40.(1)(B) - Non-residential Gross Floor Area]
Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
FYI - Richmond Street E will be closed for part of the day today from Ontario to Sherbourne for a crane replacing the cooling tower/chiller at 323 Richmond.

Yes, it seems I might have cursed them. They were always quite busy so this came as something of a surprise. Funny, a year or two back we had three Italian restaurants -- Fusaro's, Motorino and Mangi Bevi -- all within a few blocks, now they are all closed, for varying reasons. It's tough out there.
Now it seems that Motorino Citta may not be entirely dead after all! New signage shows at least part of the space is resuscitating as Moto Via, which looks at a glance to be more focused on takeout and fast casual sandwiches, pizzas, and apps. According to Instagram they have also partnered with a panini chain. This is great news for the area. I loved their pizza and assume that with the same oven it will be similar.

Back