40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

elsalsero

Member Bio
Reaction score
hello everyone,
I'm moving to toronto to work in toronto dominion center,
can anyone suggest an area where the rent cost is cheap relatively.(I can afford 400$ max)
please send me your feedbacks , i'm in a big trouble.

Your best bet at that price range would be some kind of basement apartment or something like that. Craigslist, Kijiji or websites like that might be a good place to start. If I were you I'd try to live on the subway.

a good place to check is also U of Waterloo's Off Campus Housing website.. they have a lot of cheap places on there in Toronto to cater to all the co-op students who move into the city for their work terms.. the benefit of this site is that most places are on 4-month or month-to-month leases... so you don't have to be locked in

http://peanut.uwaterloo.ca/ochousing2/qresults.asp?area=3

And the best part, unlike U of T's or Ryerson's housing databases is that you don' thave to be a Waterloo student

Not sure if this post is some sort of joke, but what the hey. The point of the previous posters is that it is next to impossible to find anywhere to live on your own in Toronto for $400/month. Any livable place, even a basement apartment, would cost you several hundred more than that at minimum. Bachelors may start around $800 and one bedrooms around $950 and up.

You're going to need to find a place to share with roommates. Try searching the rooms shared section on the Toronto Craigslist site, here:

http://toronto.craigslist.org/roo/

Good luck!

this thread is starting to sound like sitting in Green Park in London being accosted by gypsies... the bad english, the "can't understand", ...all while they steal something... like our precious precious bandwidth...

Everyone working full-time hours can easily afford $400 per month in rent unless they're a drug addict or spend like Michael Scott...anyway, who moves to Toronto for $8/hr?

the gypsie you are talking about talks 6 languages my friend!!!!
And yes he'll be working at the TD center as a trainee (If you "can" imagine)
besides I'm starting to have bad impression about canadians .
thanks for the other people who responded politely.

For $400, you really won't be moving to Toronto; you'll probably be moving to a city some distance from Toronto, and still probably a basement apartment in the suburbs. Hope you're prepared for a long commute!

Check www.viewit.ca, a handy tool for rentals with pictures. You might get lucky. Good luck finding something that isn't totally disgusting!

Back