News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

K

kpad

Okay, so I'm living at CityPlace. This is a selfish proposal, but it's one I think that could work to help some of the east-west linkages downtown, while taking some of the pressure off the King line. Let me know what you think.

-----------------------​
map.jpg

-----------------------​

Alignment: Starting on Front Street, in front of Union Station; east along Front Street; turn south along Cherry Street, turn west onto railway lines (alternative alignment along Queen's Quay East); turn north along Yonge Street (alternative alignment along Bay Street); turn west along Front Street; west along Front Street; turn south along Strachan Avenue; turn east after Gardiner along new tracks to Fleet Street; follow Fort York Boulevard onto Brenmner; follow Bremner to York Street; turn north along York Street; turn east along Front Street.

Edit: focal point of route is Union Station (complemented with closure of Front Street between York and Bay to other vehicular traffic); connects Distillery District, St Lawrence Market, Union Station, Skydome, Fort York, Exhibition, and new railway lands condos.

2 Things that would make this work, but maybe not practical:

- have it enter union via a tunnel, and bypassing front street outside of Union
- or, instead of having the 2 loops connect along front infront of union, have it connect via going through the railway, and have a union platform where the GO trains are - but this maybe disjointed/lack of connection

complemented with closure of Front Street between York and Bay to other vehicular traffic

Well, you could make it a shared street car, kiss and ride and taxi pick up. Otherwise, where are all the cars going to go?

I'd be curious to see beforehand just how much ridership a bus gets running along this route.

Back