9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

kram74

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have hundreds of photos of toronto and the surounding area that I would like to post on this site, however the pictures are to large. (about 1.2 mb each) I've tried posting them here but I've been told the pictures can not be over 97 kb.
Does anyone reading this know how I can go about making pictures smaller in order to post them.
I could crop them down, but I would loose alot of what's in the picture. defeating the whole purpose.
Is there a program out the I can download which will help me change a mb to a kb without loosing what is in the picture to start with?

Digital cameras come with programs that let you resize photos and other editing functions. Check for a CD that came with your camera.

Even without the issue of bandwidth and file hosting, it is still a good idea to resize photos to a size where it can be view all at once quickly without having to scroll the page, so it is easier for everyone. The photos will also look better too.

And if you find that a site is too restrictive when it comes to file sizes, then find a different host for the photos. Generally, after resizing to 800x600 resolution, most of your photos will be around 100kb to 300kb, depending amount of JPEG compression that was used and level of detail in the photo. So a 97kb limit is probably too restrictive.

You can upload them straight to ImageShack. There's an option to resize. ImageShack will then give you a code that you can copy and then paste into your post here.

Back