News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

The new one looks like it belongs in Miami..
I personally think the new one is more "Toronto" (tho not necessarily bad)

I like the new one, though the roof feature of the old one was more interesting... it was a variation on the "Toronto hat/ 3-sided box" whereas the new one is simply a copy and paste of many Toronto roof features.

i like the old one more. but we'd need to compare the same view for the sake of fairness.

The second version is very Berlin, suggesting limestone and curtain-glazing. Can we expect the same quality of materials and execution here or just another heap of precast and window-wall?

I'm going for the old one, particularly if the orangish details were intended to be terra cotta a la Renzo Piano. The new one isn't bad, though I think it will end up as white-painted concrete like the Core/Starck thing on Portland. Not my favorite finishing choice...

Come to think of it, I'm sad we've lost those fins/brises-soleil off the last one.

I like the new one myself, it's a refined design. And I read in the actual project thread, I believe through a link, that the white facade will be a material that will slowly weather and rust over time; thus reintroducing an element of colour. Sounds amazing.

Back