News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

adeel

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I know that this is going beyond the toronto municipal limits, but anyone familiar with the area would know that there has been a construction boom along markham road. Just north of the No Frills, new semi detached homes were built.

Further north between denison and highglen, there are these large clusters of what look to be retail/office units on the right hand side heading north on markham road towards 14th avenue. Any idea what the plan is there? It seems like there are 4 or 5 (maybe even more) buildings being built but I have no idea what is going to go there.

Anyone on these forums have any insight?

Supposed to be condo retail. Condo retail is designed for users and investors to purchase rarely available retail units in suburban mall type settings. One of the best (worst) examples of condo retail is the Tuscany Place development surrounding Vaughan Mills. It is usually fraught with disaster as the condo owners do not have restrictions on uses (i.e. there could be 12 nail salons in one strip), or a long term objective for tenant mix (i.e. busy sit down restaurant beside a church, government office, sports store, piano store, etc). Therefore, they success rate is very low in the long-term.

Supposed to be condo retail. Condo retail is designed for users and investors to purchase rarely available retail units in suburban mall type settings. One of the best (worst) examples of condo retail is the Tuscany Place development surrounding Vaughan Mills. It is usually fraught with disaster as the condo owners do not have restrictions on uses (i.e. there could be 12 nail salons in one strip), or a long term objective for tenant mix (i.e. busy sit down restaurant beside a church, government office, sports store, piano store, etc). Therefore, they success rate is very low in the long-term.

Wow thats a really big shame! I was hoping for some more large retailers to really make this a convenient strip to meet all of ones needs!

Whoever the owners are, i really think they are overstating demand here, as they are building 5 or 6 buldings! How many small stores can the area possibly support!

Back