News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

F

FutureMayor

This Thursday at quarter to noon the TTC will publicly unveil the first of 150 new hybrid buses for it's fleet.

April 20, 2006
Nathan Philips Square - 11:45 a.m.

Louroz

1000 has been reported with its license plate for some time now. Almost 20 7900s are now in service as well.

I hate Orion VIIs - not quite as much as Orion VIs, but loathing is there - the leg room is less than on any other bus for the forward-facing seats, they replace high floor buses on routes designated high-floor (not accessible) without increase in frequencies, causing off-peak crowding, and really bad, boxy windows. The New Flyers are a superior product, and Grand River Transit has these dating as far back as 1992.

There are two things though that they've got over a New Look (well, besides the low floor) - air conditioning, and the fact you can see one coming a mile away at night with the LED orange and blue lights.

Thanks for the news, atleast the ttc is trying to save money on gas and be cleaner :)

As of May 1, there are at least 3 in revenue service - 1001, 1002 and 1003. As I mentioned, I got 1002 on the 165 that Monday evening - the new bus smell was a novelty.

Not being a bus fan, what's the big deal with the 7900s anyway?

^
There's no real big deal, they're just new Orion VIIs.

80 diesel Orion VIIs will be delivered this year (7900-7979), and 100 will be delivered next year (8000-8099).

So 180 Diesel + 150 Hybrid
-----
230 new Orion VII.

There are two things though that they've got over a New Look (well, besides the low floor) - air conditioning, and the fact you can see one coming a mile away at night with the LED orange and blue lights.
Sounds cool, but I'll stick with my wheels to get around. It's equipped with a standard 3.2-litre, V6, 290-horsepower engine with Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft Vehicle, Cruise Control, Rear Defogger, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, AM/FM/XM Radio with CD player, Power Antenna, Power Driver Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Leather Seats, Rear Spoiler, Tachometer, Tilt Steering, Traction Control. Oh baby!

Sounds cool, but I'll stick with my wheels to get around. It's equipped with a standard 3.2-litre, V6, 290-horsepower engine with Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft Vehicle, Cruise Control, Rear Defogger, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, AM/FM/XM Radio with CD player, Power Antenna, Power Driver Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Leather Seats, Rear Spoiler, Tachometer, Tilt Steering, Traction Control. Oh baby!

A bus is equipped with a chauffeur allowing me to read.

Not only to you get a chauffeur, the specs on the vehicle are more impressive... 320 peak hp and 2,700 ft lbs or torque at 0 rpms, far more seats, optional personal entertainment devices (sold separately) for AM/FM/TV/DVD/Gaming/Reading while enroute and also has some of the features mentioned (i.e. power driver's seat and power steering) for the chauffeur. Vehicle insurance is included.

Ah, but there is plenty of time to read in your car - when you are stuck breathing in fumes in gridlock on the 401. Now that's what I call quality of life!

The absolute last thing I would ever want is a car in the city. I can find a FAR better use for those thousands upon thousands of dollars every year to improve my life in truly meaningful ways.

Back