News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

pw20

Member Bio
Reaction score
FEel free to delete or move
It strikes me that a Forum is a very web 1.0 concept - obviously our community has grown significantly... I was wondering if there is any thought to different ways to interact with the forum without commenting

For example - it would be cool to "like" a post, or +1'ing a post, without logging in and commenting.

I'm sure there are other ways to make the forum more dynamic - I am using the above example, because there are times I have nothing to contribute, but I totally agree with someone's comment would be great to show that sort of love.

FEel free to delete or move
It strikes me that a Forum is a very web 1.0 concept - obviously our community has grown significantly... I was wondering if there is any thought to different ways to interact with the forum without commenting

For example - it would be cool to "like" a post, or +1'ing a post, without logging in and commenting.

I'm sure there are other ways to make the forum more dynamic - I am using the above example, because there are times I have nothing to contribute, but I totally agree with someone's comment would be great to show that sort of love.

I think these are good ideas - I've long wanted to see "likes" for individual posts.

With regards to likes, should they be anonymous or should names be displayed? If anonymous, should it be possible to downvote posts?

Thumbs-ups are good. Downvoting posts would be destructive because people use it in a trolling manner and simply downvote opinions they disagree with.

I think these are good ideas - I've long wanted to see "likes" for individual posts.

What is the point of "likes" If i get 10000 "likes" do i get some kind of prize? I'm on other forums with "likes" I swear some people hardly post, they just sit around all day "liking" posts.

I hate "+1" systems in forums. It just results in people making posts to fish for more +1's. The forum itself becomes like some sort of game or competition. It doesn't promote discussion, it inhibits discussion.

I'd love a +1 or a "thumbs up." There's many times I'd like to recognize a good post.

I see why "thumbs down" is more problematic though, but hard to say unless it were tested here first.

I'd suggest both should require signing-in though.

Back