News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

H

hkskyline

Looks like everyone has been to New York lately. I'll add my photos in this thread.

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

The place looks obviously new. However, such a prime site with a full view of Manhattan yet it is a parking lot for the ferries?

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Next stop : Lincoln Harbour via the light rail (1 stop away) with a lot of yachts and boats!

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

After a quick stop, I continued southwards on the light rail towards Hoboken :

IMG_2579.jpg

The view here is primarily of Lower Manhattan as opposed to Midtown in the previous two vantage points :

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

Final stop : Exchange Place in Jersey City!

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

Hmm... It is much less handsome from Jersey than from the East River side.

HKS: Good pics from Jersey City and Hoboken,NJ of NYC and some NJ pics-such as trains at Hoboken Terminal of NJ Transit as well as the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail line. Those pictures of Downtown Manhattan from Exchange Place-Jersey City bring back an interesting personal memory-September 10,2001.
On that day I decided to use the PATH train to go to Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City and ride on the HBLRT. I recall it was a hazy humid day and I recall pointing out the twin towers of the World Trade Center to some tourists as well as mentioning how wide the river is at that point-the Hudson is almost exactly one mile wide there-later that afternoon I went to the top of a parking garage in Journal Square-Jersey City that afternoon that had a decent view of DT Manhattan. I stayed there just a short time-there was a thunderstorm with cloud-to-ground lightning that was close enough to make me leave that location-little did I know that I would never see the WTC again. After a night of some strong thunderstorms the morning of September 11,2001 dawned a beautiful clear day. I stayed with some friends in central Queens and was getting ready to leave for home on LI that morning when the first plane crashed into the WTC North Tower. I had the TV on not really paying much mind until the terrible news broke-I then saw the second plane crash on live TV and right then I knew that I was seeing something that would be unforgettable. Those thoughts are depressing since I had memories of the Twin Towers such as it was one of the coolest places as an example to watch a electrical storm-with lightning BELOW you sometimes if you were high up! -Some memories from LI MIKE-

Back