News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Japan: Man sentenced to death for Kyoto anime fire which killed 36

The incident, one of Japan's deadliest in recent decades, killed mostly young artists and shocked the anime world.

Shinji Aoba, 45, pleaded guilty to the attack but his lawyers had sought a lighter sentence on grounds of "mental incompetence".

Judges rejected this however, ruling that Aoba knew what he was doing.

"I have determined that the defendant was not mentally insane or weak at the time of the crime," Chief Judge Masuda said on Thursday at Kyoto District Court.

Japan to make it easier for Indian students to get study visas in their country:

I foresee an epidemic of Uber Eats e-bikes on the crowded sidewalks of Tokyo...

Since the middle-east thread remains locked, I will put this here:

This seems destined to go well.

Edit to add: No time wasting here, Israel has launched attacks on Tehran:

1713049015626.png

Last edited:
Edit to add: No time wasting here, Israel has launched attacks on Tehran:

1713049015626.png

There seems to be no actual corroboration of any Israeli attack on Tehran. This looks like misinformation being passed around.

This seems destined to go well.

Mostly yes. If that was the Iranian response, I'd say Israel did alright. That was a rather weak response. Iran launched a bunch of slow drones, some cruise and ballistic missiles against a country that has the densest air defence network on Earth. Some countries en route closed their airspace and launched tracking aircraft, giving Israel plenty of warning and help. That's why Israel is claiming 99% of 300 projectiles shot down and just one casualty (a young girl injured by falling debris). And Iran has already said that they consider the matter "concluded".

I would have been far more worried about escalation if an Israel-Hezbollah war looked likely.

Back