News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_p

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently took possession of a newly built condo. The HVAC system in my unit is the type with a compressor (not sure of the exact term) meaning I can switch it to heat or air. It's located right in the centre of my suite, backing into my bedroom. The noise/vibration is driving me bonkers and I think it's louder than it should be maybe due to the way it's been installed. To cut a long story short.... it could be a problem with the installation or maybe I'm just super sensitive to that vibrating resonating through my whole room. The builders are being really great in trying to figure out the problem but can anyone recommend a reliable (and affordable!), effective soundproofing company in case they cannot resolve it? Please and thank you!
:)

Hi guys,
I recently took possession of a newly built condo. The HVAC system in my unit is the type with a compressor (not sure of the exact term) meaning I can switch it to heat or air. It's located right in the centre of my suite, backing into my bedroom. The noise/vibration is driving me bonkers and I think it's louder than it should be maybe due to the way it's been installed. To cut a long story short.... it could be a problem with the installation or maybe I'm just super sensitive to that vibrating resonating through my whole room. The builders are being really great in trying to figure out the problem but can anyone recommend a reliable (and affordable!), effective soundproofing company in case they cannot resolve it? Please and thank you!
:)
I realize that it's been a few years... just wondering if you were able to do anything about this? I'm in a similar situation. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I realize that it's been a few years... just wondering if you were able to do anything about this? I'm in a similar situation. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Hi. I did have it partially resolved but it was a big job. I hired a soundproofing company and they brought a sound engineer in. They ended up opening up my walls to get to the pipes and mechanical and isolated some of the areas where metal was touching metal by using these rubber disk things to absorb the vibrations. Look up soundproofing companies and really read the reviews. The company I used is not around anymore. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back