News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So much better than I was imaging. I'm surprised the developer is going through the huge expanse of replacing the curtain wall and adding balconies. The window panes are small. Replacing the vision glass with more efficient glass should suffice.

I'd be surprised if they proceed with that plan and add balconies unless it is a condition for their funding. Cidex is doing a much simpler, cost effective plan for Eau Claire Place so I'd expect something similar here

Here is the closest thing I can find:

This is likely large enough it will need to be in the budget in the spring if funded.

That being said: Calgary has another huge capital ask, the Science Hub Building. Right now it has about a third of its budget committed by the University itself ($130 million) and $5 million from the province. It was originally in the $250 million range, and I bet will grow back to be $300 million plus.

The university if given the choice would choose the Science Hub. In fact, they already have, prioritizing it for planning funds (the $5 million).
The Science Hub was funded in the provincial budget instead of any moves downtown. Construction starts in 2025. Will support 2,000 student spaces. 7 floors.

1709934465178.png

Back