My lawyer advised me that I should budget approximately $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 for disbursement fees. This would be on top of the regular lawyer fees. Not looking forward to all the upcoming payments. :( But on a positive note my PDI appointment is tomorrow! So excited to finally see the unit!!! :)

Still waiting on my lawyer to advise me, he's pretty much useless though. If anyone else knows, please advise.

My lawyer advised me that I should budget approximately $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 for disbursement fees. This would be on top of the regular lawyer fees. Not looking forward to all the upcoming payments. :( But on a positive note my PDI appointment is tomorrow! So excited to finally see the unit!!! :)

WOOT! WOOT!! Take pics if you can love!!! So excited for you. Mine is exactly a month away!! Did your lawyer provide you with a break down? that sounds pretty cheap compared to the way higher estimates, I was hearing about on other deals.

My friend works at a law firm doing condo closings (not ours) and she told me that a builder that is her client, put in HVAC systems I believe as a last minute decision, and each purchaser now has to fork up an additional $50k or so! I also heard for other deals, closings costs can be in excess of $10k if there are education levies and things like that. So we will be lucky if ours are only under 2k!

My friend works at a law firm doing condo closings (not ours) and she told me that a builder that is her client, put in HVAC systems I believe as a last minute decision, and each purchaser now has to fork up an additional $50k or so! I also heard for other deals, closings costs can be in excess of $10k if there are education levies and things like that. So we will be lucky if ours are only under 2k!

Thus the reason you always have your fees capped during the 10-day rescission period.

This is a very nice project. Turned out better than the renderings which is unusual.

Thus the reason you always have your fees capped during the 10-day rescission period.

This is a very nice project. Turned out better than the renderings which is unusual.

Yea I had mine capped at $3,500 but even still, the other costs would make it close to 5k if we had the max cap.

Wow, that sounds scary! You made me go through my agreement of purchase and sale and development costs are capped at 5K. I don't have the breakdown of the disbursement fees, but the breakdown of lawyer fees is as follows: "My fees to you for all services in connection with your purchase will be $750.00, plus disbursements ($1200 to $1500) and HST. This includes my fees of $450.00 at occupancy closing, $200.00 in connection with your purchase and the additional fee of $100.00 for your mortgage." Doesn't sounds too bad.
So it looks like I will not be seeing my unit tomorrow after all. :( Just got an email from One Valhalla letting me know that my PDI appointment is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Apparently they have experienced a delay in delivery of some suite finishes. Hopefully this does not change our firm occupancy dates.

WOOT! WOOT!! Take pics if you can love!!! So excited for you. Mine is exactly a month away!! Did your lawyer provide you with a break down? that sounds pretty cheap compared to the way higher estimates, I was hearing about on other deals.

Wow, that sounds scary! You made me go through my agreement of purchase and sale and development costs are capped at 5K. I don't have the breakdown of the disbursement fees, but the breakdown of lawyer fees is as follows: "My fees to you for all services in connection with your purchase will be $750.00, plus disbursements ($1200 to $1500) and HST. This includes my fees of $450.00 at occupancy closing, $200.00 in connection with your purchase and the additional fee of $100.00 for your mortgage." Doesn't sounds too bad.
So it looks like I will not be seeing my unit tomorrow after all. :( Just got an email from One Valhalla letting me know that my PDI appointment is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Apparently they have experienced a delay in delivery of some suite finishes. Hopefully this does not change our firm occupancy dates.

Yes, I remember as well reading that part of the agreement saying the cap was at 5grand but I'll double check tonight when I get home!

Are you serious? Your PDI was tomorrow and they only let you know now that it was cancelled because suite finishes?!? Did they schedule another one or is yours up in the air now?

I know!!! They seem to be scrambling and rushing to meet the dates. I just called and apparently this cancellation should not have any impact on my firm occupancy date that is 4 weeks away. They said that there was a delay in getting the countertops delivered, but other than that it is complete. I haven't been given a new PDI date yet.

Yes, I remember as well reading that part of the agreement saying the cap was at 5grand but I'll double check tonight when I get home!

Are you serious? Your PDI was tomorrow and they only let you know now that it was cancelled because suite finishes?!? Did they schedule another one or is yours up in the air now?

Whens your PDI Rex? Aren't you on the first floor? And sorry to hear Ana, hopefully it is rescheduled within a week! and that's good that it doesn't affect the firm closing date.

Whens your PDI Rex? Aren't you on the first floor? And sorry to hear Ana, hopefully it is rescheduled within a week! and that's good that it doesn't affect the firm closing date.

Hi,

My PDI is on Oct 29th and my move in is Nov 20th. Even though I'm on the first floor I don't think it matters. Looks like people above me are moving in before.

Wow, thanks to those who replied so fast, I thought I would get little or no response the fact this thread was not been updated for months. I am so glad the owners are ALIVE and WELL; and are on urbantoronto.ca for any updates or any questions we all have! My lawyer is useless, so I just fired him and am struggling to find another one. Everyone seems so slow these days. Does anyone have a recommendation of lawyer - Ana, would you mind if I ask for your lawyer information as your recommendation? The costs breakdowns seems good, now my question is, the purchase price includes HST, right?

Why they would cancel your PDI appointment so last minute, I am surprised you are getting it so early... on which floor are you on Ana? My PDI appointment is on November 8th, with move in November 27th. I think that is because I am on those "01" units in which has exterior construction elevators installed in which they are the last ones to move in, I believe.

Occupancy dates are firm, and they cannot be changed the fact we all arranged for move-outs so there is no way builder is gonna bail us out if there is another delay - that would not make sense!

Quite strange how they put people above first floorers to be the first ones to move in - I guess that is because of landscaping, final touches needed to be done exterior... first floors are always considered as more work than other floors.

So I just heard Thunderbird occupancy dates has been pushed back to Spring 2014, in which we would have amenties (pool, splash pool, etc) to use in Summer 2014...

Hi,

My PDI is on Oct 29th and my move in is Nov 20th. Even though I'm on the first floor I don't think it matters. Looks like people above me are moving in before.

You can definitely use mine but I haven't really interacted with her that much to know if she is good. Here is her contact info: http://www.canadianlawlist.com/listingdetail/company/gosai-law-professional-corporation-737073/. She gave me a really good price because my friends and family are also using her for their deals. Hopefully she gets the job done. Oh and I am pretty sure that HST is included in the purchase price.
This PDI was for the unit on the 6th floor. I am still waiting for my new appointment date. It's making me a bit nervous because my firm occupancy date is fast approaching (October 17th). Not sure if I should go ahead and plan my moving arrangements or just wait for my PDI appointment. Anyhow, hopefully this gets resolved soon. Btw, can anyone recommend good movers? I have used a few in the past and it's always been a horrible experience.

Wow, thanks to those who replied so fast, I thought I would get little or no response the fact this thread was not been updated for months. I am so glad the owners are ALIVE and WELL; and are on urbantoronto.ca for any updates or any questions we all have! My lawyer is useless, so I just fired him and am struggling to find another one. Everyone seems so slow these days. Does anyone have a recommendation of lawyer - Ana, would you mind if I ask for your lawyer information as your recommendation? The costs breakdowns seems good, now my question is, the purchase price includes HST, right?

Why they would cancel your PDI appointment so last minute, I am surprised you are getting it so early... on which floor are you on Ana? My PDI appointment is on November 8th, with move in November 27th. I think that is because I am on those "01" units in which has exterior construction elevators installed in which they are the last ones to move in, I believe.

Occupancy dates are firm, and they cannot be changed the fact we all arranged for move-outs so there is no way builder is gonna bail us out if there is another delay - that would not make sense!

You can definitely use mine but I haven't really interacted with her that much to know if she is good. Here is her contact info: http://www.canadianlawlist.com/listingdetail/company/gosai-law-professional-corporation-737073/. She gave me a really good price because my friends and family are also using her for their deals. Hopefully she gets the job done. Oh and I am pretty sure that HST is included in the purchase price.
This PDI was for the unit on the 6th floor. I am still waiting for my new appointment date. It's making me a bit nervous because my firm occupancy date is fast approaching (October 17th). Not sure if I should go ahead and plan my moving arrangements or just wait for my PDI appointment. Anyhow, hopefully this gets resolved soon. Btw, can anyone recommend good movers? I have used a few in the past and it's always been a horrible experience.

Hey Ana,

I am going to be using Toro movers, my friend used them a few weeks ago and they are really good. http://toromovers.ca/ You can use the online thingy to get an accurate quote for pricing or call directly at (416) 844-6683. Stay on top of valhalla about your new PDI date. Whats your move in date for the unit on 19?

Rex!! buddy...long time!

cant believe i am moving in before you! My PDI is oct 17, and my move is Nov 12.

Was anyone else told that they cannot book elevators for the same day as your occupancy date? thats what I was told and I am a little annoyed. There rationale was that, you dont know when you will receive the keys that day. True, but if I had an elevator slot for 6-8 I would have keys for sure by then. The site office closes at 6:30pm..need less to say I will have the first slot for elevators the day after.;)

thanks Ana for the helpful information! :) thats what I thought, HST is included in the purchase price, but funny is, I cannot find them anywhere on the agreement so had to ask.
So you were supposed to have PDI today (Sept 18), and move in October 17th... 29 days before move ins. My PDI is on November 8th, and my move in is November 27th so that is 19 days before move ins. I'd say you should get another PDI anytime between Sept 27th or 28th - an estimation. I think we will be ok, because I know Edilcan from my experience, they are quite careful with finishes. :)
Errrr, movers... I always had bad bad experience with them after moving 4 times with different movers. The last move I did on my own with my friends, and it was much better and of course, cost savings. :)
I'd say you should plan moving arrangements just 1-2 weeks after your moving date, so the way things are cooled down around Valhalla as I anticipate many would be moving in non-stop for 3-4 months. That is what I do all the time, booking move-ins after 2 weeks from the closing date.

From the information session I attended for Valhalla I collected:

1. you would need to pick up keys on the occupancy date (only if interim closing has been completed) from concierge daily from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. They will ask for your proper photo ID for pick-ups, so if you are unable to do so, you need to complete and submit form appointing your designate to the builder in advance.
2. move in townhouses - from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, 2 hours per move-in. must be booked with concierge.
3. move in towers - monday to friday from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm, 2 hours per move-ins. weekends, from 10 am to 10 pm. 3 hours per move-ins.
4. mailing address for tower is 1 valhalla inn road, suite XXXX, etobicoke ON M9B 1S9.
5. mailing address for townhouses... TH1-17 is 15 valhalla inn road, TH18-35 is 17 valhalla inn road, TH36-52 is 23 valhalla inn road and TH53-68 is 27 valhalla inn road, etobicoke ON M9B 0B3.

Back