Okay, I am free on Monday and will definately attend this session. Not to worry, I will share any important information. During our scheduled appoitments they will probably have an interior designer available to provide assistance and answer any questions that we might have. From my past experience with colour and finishes selections, I suspect that all upgrades will be super expensive. So it will be interesting to find out the price list. Will keep you posted! Enjoy your vacation guys! :)

Okay, I am free on Monday and will definately attend this session. Not to worry, I will share any important information. During our scheduled appoitments they will probably have an interior designer available to provide assistance and answer any questions that we might have. From my past experience with colour and finishes selections, I suspect that all upgrades will be super expensive. So it will be interesting to find out the price list. Will keep you posted! Enjoy your vacation guys! :)

You're the best Ana, take pics if you can and notes! And post the upgrade price list if they give you one! thanks!

Will do. Will go well equiped. :) Bringing my camera for sure. Maybe I will bring my laptop as well or try to record it. lol I will post any handouts that they provide. So expect an update from me early next week.

Will do. Will go well equiped. :) Bringing my camera for sure. Maybe I will bring my laptop as well or try to record it. lol I will post any handouts that they provide. So expect an update from me early next week.

Ooohh! what would I do without you!?! I will be checking next week on my vacation. Cant wait. Thanks again hun!

April 10
more on site. Unless something changes soon, only a single level of underground parking, not the 5 level call for.

As for move in date, don't see September dates unless in the townhouses and it would be for the south end only.

I do not see anyone will be moving into townhouses until all townhouses are completed, and as well Phase 1 - due to underground garage, it is still open as you can see from pics.

Hi guys, I just got back from the presentation and let me tell you that it was very hectic and stressful. Not sure if you have been to the sales office lately but it has been changed to include all colour selection samples. The samples include standard and upgrade selections. At first I thought that we would have a lot of options but it turns out that the standard colour selections have been grouped in 3 packages. So have an option to choose from red, brown and gray. These packages include colours for kitchen cupboards, back splash, counter tops, carpets, floors etc. So by selecting one of these packages, the colour combination that was set by the Crayon Design would apply. So let's say you are interested in choosing a red package which includes white/cherry brown kitchen cupboards, black backsplash, cherry-brown floors and more. And let’s say you want to change the colour of backsplash from black to another standard colour for example beige that is part of another standard package. In this case you are required to pay $350 per item for administration fees. So basically you cannot mix and match between the standard packages. You can only avoid this fee if you are sticking with one package or if you are doing an upgrade. This is ridiculous! I have gone through this process before and have never heard or experienced such a thing. Why would you have to pay extra if you are selecting another standard colour for your finishes?! Usually you are given a list of all standard colours and you can pick and choose whatever you want. It certainly got a lot of residents upset and some are considering taking further action. This was not mentioned when I purchased my unit. Anyhow, a lot of us spoke with the builder and have raised our concerns so hopefully they really consider doing something about it. I just forgot to ask if the standard package choice needs to be the same across all the rooms in the unit. I will call them tomorrow to find out.
In terms of the presentation content, you really didn't miss anything. It was just a 5 min introduction given by Edilcan representative on the project progress, followed by another 5 min presentation given by Crayon representatives. They didn’t really give any tips on the colour selections. Also, they didn't share any pricelist or any other documents.
Also, I was hoping to take pictures of the redesigned one bedroom suite but that area is still closed off.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Crayon Design Package Preview

I also attended last night's event with Crayon Design, and to be honest, I thought the packages presented some good options. Not everyone can put combinations together and have it turn out well, so I think that having the professional team provide these preselected options is a good idea. That being said, I won't say that I don't want to switch a few items, but I will most likely choose to upgrade the elements that I don't really like in the package of my choice. Hopefully they will at least choose to waive any fees to switch from one Standard Feature to another. For example, to switch an element from black to beige seems like such a minor change that we shouldn't be penalized simply to make a colour switch.

I talk about the package options a bit more detail on my blog, Cherish Toronto (where I have also posted photos of each package). I have a budget set in my mind for the things I would like to change, and I have set priorities from "must" to "would be nice". We'll see how far that budget goes. I just want to have a space that feels just right for me, and hopefully I will not have to make too many sacrifices to get the look I want.

I agree that having the preselected options is a great idea. They are professionals and would know what would look the best. Yes, sometimes when you are given too many options you can really ruin the place and it can end up looking horrible. For the most part I am happy with the presented options but it would be nice to be able to pick one or two items from another standard package. The cost of material is the same so not sure why that fee should apply. It is just another way for them to make extra money. It should certainly be waived as it's not fair or the right way of doing business. In terms of the options I am conflicted between option #2 and #3. I wish they had a sample model suite of option #3 so we can see how it would look as a finished product. Would you happen to know what the colour selections are going to be for the remodeled suite that is still closed off?

Just spoke with Michael at One Valhalla, and he told me that the suite will still be done in package #1 (the blonde wood). So in other words, we won't be able to see package #3 (the walnut wood) in real life. Time to crank up the imagination. Personally, I am leaning towards the walnut wood package because it has a warm feel to it, and since my suite faces northeast, I won't get any afternoon sunshine. The blonde wood package is a good combination - it all co-ordinates really well, and I don't think anything would be need to switched. The second package with cherry wood has such a red tone that it may be hard to co-ordinate with other wood furnishings.

Last edited:
Thanks for following up and posting the pics on your blog! I keep looking at options #2 and #3 and the more I look at the photos the more I feel conflicted. I will probably have to go back to the sales office prior to my appointment to take another look. I really like option #2 because it has a warm look to it. I also love the grey kitchen counter tops. I would never think that cherry wood and grey would go but I absolutely love the way it looks in the model suite. However, you do make a good point about furnishing. Might be harder to furnish and match all the colours. Option #3 is great as well, definitely more modern, but I am thinking that the dark flooring might overpower my 2 bedroom unit. Dark floors are beautiful but very hard to maintain. Also, I am not crazy about the kitchen counter top. Either way, I think whatever option we end up choosing it will look nice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates ladies! Quick question..those 3 packages..did they include the colour options for the bathroom? I dont see the blackish grey tiles in the washroom for the 2 bedroom suite in any of them.

The packages do include the colour options for the bathroom. It looks like the colours for the bathroom are white and beige. However, if you look at option 2, they do have black tiles for kitchen backsplash. So if you want to go for a dark look you can select those as your bathroom titles. There are certainly a lot of options but a lot of them are treated as upgrades.

Ok guys..I saw William and GP today and they confirmed that you are allowed 2 changes without penalty unless its an upgraded (tile, carpet and flooring) anything above 2 changes will be charged per change. I'll find out from crayola design how much extra changes will be.

Oh that’s excellent! :) It’s nice that they have decided to be more accommodating. It sounds fair. I don’t see myself doing too many changes to the already pre-set packages. Yes, very curious about the cost of upgrades!

Back