Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Previous Discussion on SSP Ottawa

https://starwoodgroup.com/soho-trim

Renders:
trim-rendering-exterior-river.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-02 080550.jpg

First reaction, that looks kind of cool. Second reaction, we should avoid building all black towers cause climate change. Third reaction, hope that plaza will include retail and terraces AND not be turned into a parking lot late in the game.

Looks like skinny complexe Desjardins towers in dark light. Hard to tell design details at all in this render.

First reaction, that looks kind of cool. Second reaction, we should avoid building all black towers cause climate change. Third reaction, hope that plaza will include retail and terraces AND not be turned into a parking lot late in the game.
Devil's advocate here but how would anyone go to that plaza. These towers are literally at the edge of the built up area, no way it gets enough foot traffic without parking. I like this building design but I don't think it's going to be some sort of urbanist walking utopia out there.

Devil's advocate here but how would anyone go to that plaza. These towers are literally at the edge of the built up area, no way it gets enough foot traffic without parking. I like this building design but I don't think it's going to be some sort of urbanist walking utopia out there.
That's a good point. Would need a bridge to Trim. Would also be important to improve (or just add cause they don't exist) walking and cycling links between the station and the beach + linking the Brigil projects and the college.

This one is more detailed. More earth coloured over black. I like it better.

Back