40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

urbottawa

Member Bio
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have high hopes for this one. Should be the first stand out this end of Scott since Metropole. At the very least, this one will have the best podium.

I think this one is taller than expected. That grey box sticking out the side is at floor 20, which means the columns sticking up right now are the 27th level.

IMG_3173.jpeg

Also a few windows going in now.

IMG_3174.jpeg

From Westboro this one looks pretty thick but when seen from Scott St you can see how thin it is from the side. A tale of two views.

This is very noticeable from anywhere on Churchhill, even when you immediately turn from that new Carling wall you can immediately see it.

I'm a little bit scared of how the fins and crown turn out as they have already cheapened them once. If it isn't done well EVERYONE in Westboro and the beach will have to look at it pretty much forever and curse Azure's name.

In fairness Azure is one of the only developers where the owner actually shows up for the consultations and puts his face out there and he does live in the neighbourhood. He talks a good game but we will see in short order with two projects on the same street due for cladding this spring through summer.

I realized today why the floor count is confusing on this one. On the west end of the podium the ground floor is double height. But on the east end (where the elevator is) it’s split into two regular height floors. So if you are counting on the east end, the crown is on the 27th floor.

In fairness Azure is one of the only developers where the owner actually shows up for the consultations and puts his face out there and he does live in the neighbourhood. He talks a good game but we will see in short order with two projects on the same street due for cladding this spring through summer.
But they also built this. I guess it's not terrible.

1707143435678.png

Back